IELTS Test

het sopas deurgekom (na 4 ure) en die operator was baaaaie vriendelik en hulpvaardig, net jammer hulle lyne is so besig.

Klaar betaal, wag net vir confirmation van booking...

Karen

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Katryn

• Dreams

• MarcK

• Jordy

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Your wife has to prove her english ability. This can be done by one of the following:

1) IELTS test

2) Proof of working in "English speaking country" - not South Africa

3) Proof of studying a diploma or higher where the language of instruction was English.

Will Namibia be excepted as an English speaking country? Our only national language is english, it is used for all official purposes, and obviously in business. (Although no one really speaks English, but what the heck...)

Does anyone know? I will be really glad if I dont have to spend money driving down to CT and also spending 1600 for a stupid test to prove that I can spoking the ienglieshj lenwhiechj!

Is there someone at immigration Auz that will be able to answer me on this?

Will Namibia be excepted as an English speaking country? Our only national language is english, it is used for all official purposes, and obviously in business. (Although no one really speaks English, but what the heck...)

Does anyone know? I will be really glad if I dont have to spend money driving down to CT and also spending 1600 for a stupid test to prove that I can spoking the ienglieshj lenwhiechj!

Ek's so bly daar's nog iemand soos ek.

Because i speak the tale very deliciously. :ilikeit:

Guys,

Listen to a fool!!! SKRYF NET DIE DEM TOETS!!!!! We argued this way and that way and no dice we had to write it and do you know what? It was easy!!!

It took 3-4 months of arguing and waiting extra for our visa approval!!

Nilo

Guys,

Listen to a fool!!! SKRYF NET DIE DEM TOETS!!!!! We argued this way and that way and no dice we had to write it and do you know what? It was easy!!!

It took 3-4 months of arguing and waiting extra for our visa approval!!

Nilo

We doing ours on the 25 Aug in Johannesburg,

Cobus

Us too on the 25th, Oral on the 24th. I'm starting to get nervous I need that 7 for the 25 points! My attention span is far too short to get a good score on listening. :ilikeit:

No, Namibia will not be accepted. Just about all primary applicants have to do that test.

OK.... IELTS Test done!

I feel pretty confident, but time will tell! :holy:

Hey Katryn... "lady please take your seat!" :ph34r:

My hubby found the listening and the last section on the reading a bit difficult, I hope he does OK.

I will let you all know when we get the results!

Aramat

Hey Katryn... "lady please take your seat!" :oops::o

I thought about writing a journal on this, but here goes....

Oh for those of you who thought they allow TOILET BREAKS in the IELTS: I have news for you. When you stand up to sneak out for a toilet break the guy yells: LADY SIT DOWN!!!!!! :blink: Even thought I asked the assistent and she said it was fine! :angry:

So, there I was stressed beyond belief, with my bladder working overtime, and this guy REFUSES me a toilet break, I mean what happened to human rights???? :blink: I was loooong done with the test and had handed in the paper with the assistent.

Anycase, they overbooked by 40 candidates, so we were sitting like sardines in a tin, with me next to the largest 2 people in the room. The lady next to me read her whole question paper OUT LOUD with her finger following every word. She highlighted every question with a dry green highlighter making this SHRIIIEEEEK noise on every line........After 10 minutes I could not take it any more and called the assistent and asked her to tell the lady to please SHUT THE HELL UP I can not hear myself thinking.......

:blink:

The listening test CD did not want to work (all 6 CDs) so the one candidate had to fetch something from his car to make the radio work. It was really a very stressfull experience, i thought WE WOULD NEVER START.

I hope it went okay,,,,,,, :)

My oral topic was :CULTURAL ACTIVITIES IN SA :unsure::ph34r::(

At first I condsidered mentioning rape and theft, but I bit on my tongue and waffled on and on.... :ilikeit:

The oral was terrible.....

NEED THAT BLOODY 7.5 AVERAGE!!!!! and not less than 7 in any BAND. Everbodyplease HOOOOOOOOOOOLD thumbs, I dont know how I am going to get these 2 weeks over>>>>>

Aramat, thanx for the lovely barbie (braai) and the great company!!!!!

Katryn die boerenooi

I've been waiting with eager anticipation for your post Katryn! LOL

Needless to say, we will never forget the experience. I was very surprised to see the number of people writing, and everyone I spoke to was on their way to OZ.

Oh well now we wait!

It was wonderful to meet you and your other half! Like my hubby said, it's a bit strange to try to put aside the hesitance and invite people we've never met into our home. I mean we've heard a few horror stories of people who met after chatting on the internet!

Actually this site and the people on this forum have restored our faith in humanity, it's so great to meet so many wonderful people thanks to this forum. It's such a big loss to South Africa though and we're looking forward to seeing some of you in OZ!

Aramat

Hello there

Has anybody suffered from"cant these 2 weeks get over" syndrome, the waiting for the IELTS results is driving me insane, I keep getting flashbacks to the oral and thinking what better answers I could have given etc etc! :D

This is insane! :blink:

Went on holiday in an attempt to make the time fly, this has been the loooongest holiday of my life!

I cant wait so long. Just think how I will be by the time we wait for the approval of the visa :holy:

Is this normal or what????

Couting the seconds Katryn

I know how you feel.

This waiting is so frustrating. And my wife is only going for her test on Saturday.

Just to throw a spanner in the works, from the various time lines I have seen on these forums, it seems it is taking up to a month to get IELTS results, although they claim the results will be available after 13 days. ????

Oh no!!

Thanks for that Dan Tanne I think the spanner just hit me in the head :(

We were hoping to get it pretty quickly, testing our patience an bit more!

oh well, we wait some more....

I had to giggle when i read your post Katryn about the waiting.

My nerves are shot and I also know I could have done so much better in the orals and the listening was just hideous if you ask me. And I was a nerd in school and did English on Higher grade with a B average.

Our whole IELTS here in Durban was a fiasco.

We were notified on the 18th by email that yes we were confirmed booked for the 25th August but that due to the large numbers of people writing we would have to do our reading writing etc on the 16th (missed by two days as we only were notified on the 18th!!!) and that our orals were on the 1st Sep (we were booked to be away that weekend) and all this on a Friday afternoon when you can't get hold of dear old Albert who sent the email! Monday morning first thing I calmly called to inform him that we had obviously missed the 16th and couldn't do anything on the 1st so what happened to our official booking of the 25th???

Long story short he said not a problem, write on the 25th but orals would have to be during the week. No problem I said give me a time and I'll be there with bells on. No emails from Albert and no returns to my calls so by Friday the 24th we'd sort of given up and though oh well must be next week then for our orals.

We get at call at 5.30 pm, I'm busy bathing my two little babies (4months and 2 years) and the phone goes......the lady asks where are you guys you are supposed to be here to do your orals? I was more than horrified but said tell that examiner to wait we are on the way....

We made it from Westville to the Durban Manor on the esplanade with two kids just shoved in the car in about 25 minutes!

Frazzled, stressed and wet .....that's how we did our orals!

So lets hope for the best on that one, I hope everyone else has had a smoother time than us!

Mel

Wow scatterling,

That is hectic!!!!

I actrually called the British Council yesterday, because my wife is scheduled to write on Saturday in cape Town, but we have not got any confirmation apart from the first email confirming the booking.

We flying to Cape Town on Friday morning for the exam on saturday, and I put in a request to do the oral on Friday afternoon, or Saturday after the exam. Hopefully that will work, and my wife wont have to pay for another flight to go for a 15 minute interview.

When I called them to enquire they told me that all the confirmation emails were going out in the afternoon. Well, still no email.

So I guess the waiting continues for me too.

Well,

At least the waiting for the IELTS confirmation is over.

Just got the email now. Oral exam at 1:30pm, after the written part of the exam on Saturday.

At least it reduces the cost to us, because now it is only 1 trip to Cape Town. :ilikeit:

Hi Danne Tanne

Just been reading all these horror stories about the IELTS exam - sounds like a real circus - we wrote ours in May in Durban and the only problem we had was the delay in getting our results to us caused by a glitch with the computer system - but eventually the results came through - the waiting really really killed us. I really do hope that everything runs smoothly for you guys and I wish you the best of luck.

Kind regards,

RoMar

Well, we back in JHB after spending the weekend in Cape Town for the IELTS exam. (I did not write, my wife did so any info I put here is from what my wife told me)

Firstly, the exam was overbooked by 40 people.

Secondly, my wife said it was not that bad at all. she was very worried about her oral exam, but said that it seemed to go very well. She hads a very easy topic to chat about. (Place you enjoy going to on holiday)

One thing that was a bit tricky was when they give a true or false question and add in a thrid option: Answer not given.

We are English speakers, but we bought the specimen pack anyway, and my wife was very happy we bought it because it gave a good indication about the type of questions she had to face.

There are no candidate numbers given anymore, and no tracking number to track the results given anymore. this is because the computer system bombed on them about 3 months ago and they have not sorted it out yet. So when we asked how we know when the results get to their destination we were answered with a shrug of the shoulders.

Anyway, we met loads of wonderful people, and all but one was there because they are going to Australia. (The one was going to the UK)

The only negative thing (for me and my wife) was that most of the people we met are heading to perth or brisbane, and we going to melbourne.

OK...

I have just spoken to the Britsh Council, for those who wrote IELTS on Saturday the 25th August, the results will be posted via registered mail this week. You will receive the tracking number via sms or e-mail once the letters have all the stickes on.

So we should get the results by next week!

So we wait another week..... :ilikeit:

Aramat

IIIIIIIIII CAAAAAAAAAAANT WAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIT

any

longer

:ilikeit:

Immigration psychosis or something, I am going mad....

Thanx Aramat, I will be looking at the post box every 15 minutes or so! :ilikeit:

Good luck to everybody waiting for the results of 25 August!

Please please please let me have 7.5 average so I can send in my application to ASP!

Katryn from Bloemfontein

Good luck to all of you. I hope you all get the band scores you are needing.

This wait is a nightmare. And I got to wait 2 weeks longer than all of you. :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

The worst part is that I submitted my application to write IELTS so long ago, I can not remember which address I gave them to send the results to.

Oh well. I guess time will tell.

Bring on that 7,5!!! :ilikeit: