175 online - questions and answers

StefB

Yes, maybe you're right nc74. I have seen some on the forum going faster than that, but I know certain visas are handled as more urgent than others / ours. Especially 457's where the future employer is part of the process.

I have no choice than to postpone our aim to the second term 2008, for kids to start school in Aus. (still has to sell cars and house and resign)

Anyway, at least one can air a little of the process on this excellent forum.

Seeya

Edited by Seeya

Dear Seeya,

10 weeks from lodging and 4 weeks from attaching all docs:

No change in the online tracking

No letter/email of Acknowledgement

I suggest you follow up with your agent; we lodged our 175 on 17 October 2007 and received letter of acknowledgment on 23 October 2007 :) ! Still waiting to get a CO... :D

Good luck!!!

Pippa! X

Thanx Pippa,

Truthfully, I think that is exactly where my problem lies, with the agent. Registered with MARA the lot, but they have such a hands-off approach, it is frustrating. Anything that happens by chance, that is what they are happy enough with.

Thinking of chucking them, will lose all our money, but the process is now more important than the cents wasted.

Seeya

Hi everyone,

I have been informed my my CO that all my documentation have been excepted. He is just waiting for my meds from the clearing house. It should be no longer than mid Des according to my CO.

Does anyone know what the next steps are? How long after you have been granted the 175 should you be able to have everything you need. Due to personal reasons I may need to stay in SA longer. :-(

How long do you have to enter Aus after the visa has been granted? I dont want to stay 2 years for instance and find that the visa has been cancelled....

What are the rules after you get the visa?

Stef

Edited by StefB

Hi StefB, I know from the old 136's you have a year from the date of the PCC's and meds to get in. They are only valid for a year so whatever the date on them is is the date of expiry and you need to be in Aus. This has gone so fast not sure if the same applies here. I'm sure it does though. You must be so pleased. I know I am very excited for you. Hopefully we'll be in the same boat soon.

All the best and thanks for letting us know. Keep us posted.

Natalie

Hi

According to my understanding it is valid for 4 to 5 years, I think you may have to validate the visa by going there for holiday in year not sure about that though!

Melanie

I also think that it is valid for 5 years but you have to "activate" it in year one by visiting Aus.

I hope someone can clarify this...

Stef

as far as I know, you will need to validate your visa, normally one year form date of medicals/PCC which ever is the oldest. so for us it'll be by the 25th Oct 2008 as that is the date on our PCC (2007) our meds were done on 1st Nov.

Now all we need is to get a CO and get our Visa then we can move onto final arrangements!! Can't wait (also a bit scary)

oh hell yes!!! got the bubbly in the fridge just chilling, waiting for the moment :).

I also think they should move this topic above the line!!!! Its had more views than some of the pinned things and I'm sure there'll be a lot more interest as the online applications move along. What does everyone else think? Or am I being too cheeky? :whome::)

Just a quick update for all the onliners:

ASPC ARE WORKING OVERTIME ON SATURDAY AND MAYBE EVEN SUNDAY TO TRY DEAL WITH THE BACK LOG!!!!!!!!!!!

Isn't that exciting?

Oh well just thought I'd update everyone.

Natalie

Edited by nc74

Hi Nc74,

I also think they should move this topic above the line!!!! Its had more views than some of the pinned things and I'm sure there'll be a lot more interest as the online applications move along. What does everyone else think? Or am I being too cheeky? :blush::ilikeit:

You are not being cheeky!!! I've pinned the topic and also changed the topic title.

Good luck to all!

Lovies, Pippa! X

G'day All another 175 visa grant this morning on the British Expats Forum. They lodged early Sept!!

I know there's goes faster cos we are a high risk country but just sharing that the line is moving!!! :ilikeit::D

HI nc74(Natalie),

How come you know so much about the processing? I am amazed at all the info you provide. :) Do you have a "master" agent, that keeps you up to date with everything they do in Aus?

WOW, thanks. All of the info you provide help us to get a bit of a glimpse in the crystal ball of what 'might' be expected in our timelines.

Seeya

LOL :ilikeit::ilikeit::lol::lol:

No Seeya I belong to the British Expats Forum, solely for info. They have a whole "forum" dedicated to the online applications, when I have a question I ask them. Most of them have agents and they are ALWAYS phoning DIAC with questions. So they are a great source of knowledge!!

Admittedly they are not a high risk country so their visa's go faster. Its just nice to know that they are still working on our online applications.

Have a good day.

Natalie

ok, you all know that I can't upload any docs, always get the same message: "This service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." (Natalie you have first hand knowledge)

So I sent a query to immi. letting them know the problems we've encountered since lodging our online app. Got the usual auto reply saying that they are currently processing as per aspc auto e-mail yata yata yata.....

I then sent a another query stating that their first reply didn't assist or answer any of my concerns. Got this reply today:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail about your visa application under Australia’s

General Skilled Migration programme.

I can confirm your online visa application was lodged on 27/09/2007 and

further documents attached on 28/09/2007

Your file reference number is ********* and your case has not been

allocated to a case officer yet.

Our records also indicate couple of scanned documents received on the

following dates:

08/10/2007 - multiple scanned documents

19/10/2007 - employment statutory declaration

25/10/2007 - police certificate

01/11/2007 - form 929 - Change of address

07/11/2007 - Medical receipts

:lol: Now this was very interesting as only the last three items were sent on different dates to the first scanned docs, but at least I now know that they have everything!

Just need our meds to be processed and get a CO then bring on the visa!!!!

Hi,

I see that everybody gets a TR number as soon as they submit the application, but ours was submitted on Tuesday, but no TR number.

The money that we have to pay, is still on "outstanding transactions" on my bankstatement.

Do we have to worry or just be patient? Is there maybe a problem?

Thanks.

Hi Smitte

I don't think you need to worry. I think just be patient. From what I can gather (please note this is just my own opinion and I could be totally wrong so please don't blast me anyone) they have a load of online apps and so maybe they are just struggling to keep up. Give it sometime and if in 2 weeks you still don't have one try get hold of them. All will come right!! You have started the wonderful WAITING game.

Good luck

Natalie

Hi all,

I did an old 136 visa but my brother in law and sister are busy with the 176 (I wil be sponsering them once I have arrived in Sydney in March 2008). Question; the online application say "recent passport sized photo certified and dated". Don't know if this is a stupid question but how do you certify ans date a passport photo?! On the back, on the face of the photo but that does not seem to make sense!!! What did everyone else do?! Or did you just scan your passport photo's and attached them?!

Thanks

J

Hi all,

I did an old 136 visa but my brother in law and sister are busy with the 176 (I wil be sponsering them once I have arrived in Sydney in March 2008). Question; the online application say "recent passport sized photo certified and dated". Don't know if this is a stupid question but how do you certify ans date a passport photo?! On the back, on the face of the photo but that does not seem to make sense!!! What did everyone else do?! Or did you just scan your passport photo's and attached them?!

Thanks

J

Our Agents told us to sign and date our photos on the back. Hope that is sufficient!

Edited by Gizmo

Yikes!

Didn't even know we have to certify ours!

I love this forum, I always find out something new when I visit.

Let us know what you did with the photo's Jannie.

Michele

We also just scanned in & e-mailed, didn't certify. If there's any hassel they'll let me know. I scanned them in colour so hopefully won't be a problem.

It's a waiting game......