175 online - questions and answers

StefB

Cool Nats!!!! I am so excited for you! :):ilikeit:

We still waiting for the Dean to sign our documents so that we can do our TRA App... :angry:

Edited by CarolynSG

Hi,

I just want inform everyone of my progress. I have now received my Police Clearance and scanned and uploaded the docs today. This was the last thing I needed. Now all documentation is complete.

At last some breathing space...

I'll keep everyone posted when I receive any news. Its going to be interresting to see how long the process will take after all the required docs have been uploaded.

Stef

Hi Stef,

Congrats on the Police Clearance :blush: and I hope it comes through quickly. Just a question; how did you manage to upload your passport photos? Dit you scan them in, or dit you get them digitally from the place that took them?

Regards, Pippa!

Hi Pippa,

I scanned all documents myself and uploaded them to the website. (including password photos)

Stef

Edited by StefB

Hi Pippa,

I scanned all documents myself and uploaded them to the website. (including password photos)

Stef

Well done and good luck with the process further!

Hi,

I just want inform everyone of my progress. I have now received my Police Clearance and scanned and uploaded the docs today. This was the last thing I needed. Now all documentation is complete.

At last some breathing space...

I'll keep everyone posted when I receive any news. Its going to be interresting to see how long the process will take after all the required docs have been uploaded.

Stef

Hi Stef,

Have your medicals been cleared yet? Do you know how long it took?

Thanks

Annelize

Hi everyone, I've been checking out the British Expats forum on the Sep 2007 online applications and one guy there already had his visa granted!!!!!! :o

But it would seem people that have successfully uploaded there doc's and submitted around the end of September are getting CO's. Also in one of their threads they have the mail from aspc and they say you are allowed to front load medicals and PCC's. :ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit:

So for everyone who has done their application START FRONT LOADING. It goes faster from what I can understand.

Annelize they reckon its taking about 6 - 8 weeks to process the medicals. Thats according to BE. Not sure how true it is but there are alot of them on their who have done them. So work on that I think.

Keep well all you happy smiley onliners. :D:D:D:lol::wub:

Hopefully we'll be in Aussie SOON.

Natalie

Edited by nc74

I have a question. We filled in our online application and submitted it. We still have to attach the documents. On the document checklist they have form 47P for the police clearance. When I clicked on it, it had the following to say:

Instructions

Download form 47P by clicking the icon above.

Print form 47P.

Carefully read the information and comply with any instructions contained in the form.

Complete the form in English (where appropriate).

Forward the completed form and any requested documents to the Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre within 28 days from the date you lodged your application.

When I clicked on the 47P icon, it was just information on who should get a police clearance and where and how to request it for the different countries. So, what form are we suppose to fill in and send to Adelaide Processing centre?

Regards,

Retha

Hi Retha, we just took that to mean the actual PCC's. I think its just an information page. You'll need to go to your local police station for them. Then once you have them you can scan it in and send it to the ASPC.

Hope that helps

Natalie

Hi Retha

As per From 47P, you have to provide police clearance (PCC) from any country you have lived for more than a year in the last 10 years. So South Africa is one, and I see you are in Canada, so you'll need one from them too.

Once you have applied for a PCC from the relevant country, by doing as they say in 47P for each country. You will then receive a certificate and this certificate can be emailed (in colour) to ASPC for your application.

Does this make sense?

We have the PCC's. I thought it would take 4 months to get the one from Namibia, but we got a shorter route and now I have it. So, I just front load it together with the other documents? There is no special email address to send it to? It goes into the same pool as he rest fo the documents, correct? I just want to make very sure.

Thanks

Retha

Hi all

My 175 application is in & my brother has decided to join.

Problem is that he turns 45 in March next year and has yet to even make an appointment for Police clearance or IELTS

Do you need to provide copies of the forms when you apply, or can you apply online & forward the docs at a later date - by the time he gets the IELTS he will probably have turned 45 already

Thanks

jan

Hi Retha

You do just front load it with the other documents. If you see after your application there is a section that says "Attaching Documents" you'll have to type in your TRN no, passport no, DOB and country. There will be a whole lot of options that go from A - Z with ALL the different docs you can attach, you choose which one you want to attach, name it and add. If you want to do more press the icon that says "Add others" if you are finished you press "ok".

You can go back and see what you have attached on your status page.

JanCpt

The police clearances if they are only from SA take about 3 weeks. You just pop into your local police station and they take payment certify copies of your ID and take your finger prints. They are only valid for 6mths according to the police but I've heard they are valid for a year. Not sure.

We were told that we have to do the IELTS first to apply but we did ask the immigration department and their email to us said you can apply and attach later BUT if you do and you don't pass they will not give you a second chance to write the IELTS. We thought it was a bit risky. But its a personal choice I guess.

Why don't you see if you can get in on the 1st Dec to write. Even if he has to travel a lot of people are doing that. Its worth a shot. Even if he writes at the end of Jan. The results only take 13 days. (Ours did) and he'll still have time to apply. They take your age from when your application was lodged as far as I know. Double check that.

Hope that was some what helpful and you guys get your things sorted out

Natalie

Hi Natalie

Thanks for the response

My IELTS took 45 days and the Police clearance 2 months

It's actually just the IELTS that is the problem, because the next available is 26 Jan + 45 days = past his 45th birthday

At best he would be cutting it quite fine

He did however do post grad studies in English, would this help instead of IELTS?

Thanks again

Jan

Edited by JanCpt

Hi Jan, I'm not sure about the post graduate thing. I don't think so because as of the 1st September you have to write the IELTS unless you hold a passport from UK, Ireland, NZ, Canada or the USA. IMHO I don't think that'll help.

Here is a piece I copied and pasted off the mail we received from the immigration dept regarding the IELTS:

You must provide evidence that you have met the English threshold at the

time you lodge your General Skilled Migration application unless you are

applying for a:

* Skilled – Regional (subclass 887)

* Skilled - Graduate (subclass 485) or

* Skilled – Regional Sponsored (subclass 487) visa.

You should, therefore, book a date and time for sitting your IELTS test

well in advance of when you plan to apply. This will ensure that your

results are available to include with your application.

If you are applying for a Skilled – Regional (subclass 887) visa, you are

not required to demonstrate your English language ability.

If you are applying for a Skilled - Graduate (subclass 485) visa or a

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (subclass 487) visa and are unable to obtain

an IELTS test result before you apply, you must provide the department

evidence of when you are booked to sit your IELTS test at the time of your

visa application.

You should send a certified copy of your test results to the department

once you have completed the test and received your results.

If you lodge your General Skilled Migration visa application without your

IELTS test results, and subsequently fail to achieve the required results

on your IELTS test, the decision maker assessing your application need

only allow you that one opportunity (one examination) to demonstrate that

you meet the required level of English language ability. Research

indicates that scores are unlikely to improve dramatically without

extensive English language tuition in the interim.

I know there are a few guys on the forum traveling to Botswana or Zambia to do their test. I know its a pain but a small price to pay for a visa!!

I'm sorry I couldn't be of any more help. Maybe get hold of Peter?

Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Natalie

Edited by nc74

Hallo JanCptn

Ons het nou wel vir die ou 136 paperbased aansoek gedoen maar ek is seker jou broer kan sy IELTS pass so my raad is STUUR DIE AANSOEK so gou as moontlik sodat dit in is voor hy 45 word!!

Ons het ook net net die 45 merk gemis, aansoek in 15 Mei 06, my man was 45 6 Desember!! Ook eers ons IELTS, Medicals en PCC's gestuur na die CO vir dit gevra het.

Die IELTS is nie moeilik nie as jou broer redelik goed Engels kan praat is die kans dat hy nie gaan pass nie min.

Doen julle ding en kry die aansoek in!!

Groete

Nilo

Planning on lodging online in Dec only date we can get to do IELTS is 16 Feb, we are in Sydney.

Good Luck

Hi all

My 175 application is in & my brother has decided to join.

Problem is that he turns 45 in March next year and has yet to even make an appointment for Police clearance or IELTS

Do you need to provide copies of the forms when you apply, or can you apply online & forward the docs at a later date - by the time he gets the IELTS he will probably have turned 45 already

Thanks

jan

Hi Jan

If he is also looking at the 175 - has he done the skills assessment as this can also take a while?

I was able to upload all my documents, so now it is just sit back and wait.

Thanks for everybody's help.

Regards,

Retha

Edited by Retha_hhr

Well done :ilikeit::whome::):ilikeit:

Its a wonderful feeling isn't it?!

Are you going to go for your meds and front load them too? Just a suggestion...........

Then like you say we just have to wait :whome::whome:

and wait :whome::whome:

Natalie

No, the meds can wait. I really don't like doctors and dentists, they are too much in my personal space. So, I'll wait until I have to go visit them :ilikeit:

Retha.

I got the email Nov 10th from ASPC acknowledging that they have recieved our application. Part of it is the list of documents that we need to attach. Including in the list is the medicals. i thought to leave the medicals until the CO is requesting it. Read then further down in the email and saw the following sentence:

Regulation 2.15 of the Migration Regulations 1994 provides a time limit of 28 days after the date of this email for you to submit the documents previously listed. If you do not respond within this timeframe, the ASPC may proceed to decide this application on the basis of the available information.

After some disccussions we decided to go for the medicals. Guess what, the earliest appointment I can get for medicals is January 4th here in Edmonton. Either a lot more Canadians are leaving for Australia than what I thought or the doctor has only a handful of days in a month he is doing immigration medicals. Here are only 2 doctors in Edmonton dong the Australian immigration medicals. The other one can only tell me how the bookings look like next Tuesday between 10h00am and 2h00pm. Have booked for the 4th of January and will phone next week the other doctor to see if their schedule looks any better. I have put us on the waiting list for cancellations as well.

Now my question, the 28 days on the email, does it include the medicals? Or do I have time to do the medicals because we have not had a CO assigned yet. Our online application went in November 8th.

Regards,

Retha

Edited by Retha_hhr

Hi there

I believe as long as you can prove that you have booked medicals, pc etc and send them the receipts within 28 days you are okay.

good luck.

Hi All,

My advice is - whatever proof or documents you can obtain DO IT, and attach it as quickly as possible. Don't wait for a CO to tell you to provide it. The immi site is clear on the eligibility. Accumulate EVERYTHING and SEND. This, I believe, is your biggest and best chance. :D

We lodged online on 4 Sept.

The stupid :blink: agent had all our docs but attached it on 16 OCTOBER only. Also had difficulty attaching, but I’m sure there was no reason it should take 6 weeks to attach and she lied and said it was done on 4 Sept.

Medicals arrived on 19 October.

10 weeks from lodging and 4 weeks from attaching all docs:

No change in the online tracking

No letter/email of Acknowledgement

No letter/email that CO was assigned

(My husband was assured that a CO was assigned and all docs were received when he phoned the ASPC in Oct) :ilikeit:

After our online enquiry, an automated answer came back, telling us that they only answer to the agent. :(

I am so frustrated I can scream. :angry: Wish I had this in my own hands, to at least find out what the process and timelines will be.

Someone else on the forum wrote that medical processing is 17 working days at the mo.

Seeya :unsure:

Edited by Seeya

Hi Seeya, I don't think its 17 working days!!! :blink: Thats far to quick. It should be 6-8 weeks. There was apparently a back log, but according to some agents that has been cleared now. So bank on at least 8 weeks.

Good luck and let us know when you get it!!! :ilikeit::unsure:

Natalie