175 online - questions and answers

StefB

Hi all,

I applied for our 175 online the 2nd September. Everything went smoothly. I also attached scanned copies of the following documents:

Birth certificates for everyone

Copy of page of passport containing personal details

Evidence of IELTS test

Evidence of wifes qualifications (degree)

Evidence of my own qualifications (degree)

Evidence of my skills assessment

Evidence of my work experience

Our Marriage certificate

Passport photos of everyone

After applying I got an automated email saying that my application has been received and that I should give them the following documents within 28 days. All of the above mentioned documents where asked just as I expected. The weird thing is they also listed the following ones:

Form 160EH - Radiologist report on chest x-ray

Form 26EH - Medical examination for an Australian visa

Character assessment

I was always under the impression one had to wait with these until instructed by your CO to get them. I did a bit of research and found that they say on the 175 document checklist the following:

"Health (do not undertake until requested to do so)" and "Character (do not apply for police clearances until requested to do so)"

I also found it on their website:

"When do I visit a panel doctor?

You should not have your visa medical examination until you have been formally requested to do so by the office processing your visa application."

I then went and posted the question on their website as a post-application question. I received a reference number and everything stating that someone will look at my question soon. It has now been almost two weeks and have not heard anything from them.

What to do? Listen to the automated email or follow my gut and wait for someone to contact me and ask for these?

Ideas please...

Stef

I would wait until a CO is assigned and then ask them.

I think it automatically just lists all outstanding documents. They have not changed the website description for the document checklist for the 175 from when it was the 136. So in the past you would have waited to for the CO to request it. I think that it is just because they havent updated the text to reflect the way the new app works.

It is a bit of a mystery how long the processing time is for the 175 now that it is electronic, but I am sure they still have to get through all those 136's and you dont want your medicals and PC to expire before your CO is assigned. So personally I would wait.

But if the wait gets a bit much then try and phone them since the email is having no response.

Hi Stef

Jy sal verbaas wees, en dis eintlik nie reg nie, maar die online applications gaan vreeslik vinnig nou.

Rede vir dit is dat hulle nuwe personeel het wat net aan die online goeters werk, so hulle het geen backlog nie. So hulle gaan vinniger vat as normale papier aansoek. Wat onregverdig is maar nou ja.

Kyk gerus na hierdie threads op BE

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=480282

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=480683

Groete

Wow Dedrei, dis great ek het gedink al die nuwe 175 apps gaan agter in die ry staan. Ja dis nou moeilik om te se.

As jy die geld het, doen dit nou en vat maar die kans dat dit kan expire en jy dit dalk moet oordoen.

EEEEEEKKK!!!! I have a CO!!!!

This morning I received a email from my CO. He wants me to go for my medicals and get the police clearance. I have to produce the documents or proof of the application for them within 28 days.

This is faster that I expected.....

Stef

Hello all

I know I'm probably hijacking this thread but that is SO exciting. Been checking out the threads on the British Expats forum posted by Dedrei, the second one is awesome (for us onliners)!!! StefB thanks for this post, it gives me goosies from excitement. We are lodging in Oct after our IELTS!!! :P;):ilikeit:

Cant wait..............

OMW, that is fast!!!!!!!

I just said to hubby, we making a plan for the bucks coz there's no waiting forever, just the motivation i needed to lift my spirits!!!!!

Thanks Stef

This is all so exciting, I hope not too many people do the online route else that will slow down the whole process again.

S

I received good news. Emailed my CO and received a positive answer. Proof that you applied for police clearance and medicals is all you need to start of with. In other words they will accept that I cant deliver the police clearance within the deadline of 28 days since it will probably take 28 days on its own. I will however need to scan and send proof that I did apply.

I went for fingerprints and stuff today so I will scan and upload the receipt asap. My meds have been booked for the 26th of Sept. Please hold thumbs for me!!

I am so glad its going so quickly...

Stef

hi stefb

that is so exciting!!!!!

Can i ask a silly question though, i started capturing ours, where do they have you capture your partner's information because i've come to about 2 thirds of the way already after the summary of your points, yet i haven't encountered where i capture all my fiance's details? :D

And GOOD LUCK :ilikeit:

Holding thumbs for you Stef.

Please keep us up to date with your progress - it seems you are the forum "guinea pig" :ilikeit: for the online application!!

Hi Chandi,

I can’t recall exactly when I was asked for my wife’s detail but I was definitely asked for it. Don’t know if you’re not married how the process will work. You will for instance need to prove that you have a relationship and/ or dependence.

Dedrei I did submit my info to the timeline like you requested. I'll let you guys know how things go. Right now I'll have to wait for the 26th of Sept for my medical exam. Is it a big deal? How long after you have the exam do they send the results? Do they (the doctor) tell you if there are issues with your meds or not?

I think this thread's name should change from "175 online - concerns" to "175 online - jackpot" :thumbdown:

Thanks for everyone’s input.

Stef

Hi StefB,

I'm keeping a very close eye on your posts, please keep updating us with your timeline/progress. It's sp exciting to see how quickly thing are progressing.

I would like to know how much supporting docs you sent, we seem to have stacks! (the trade assesment & supporting doc is 175 pages on it's own!)

How will you send your PCC, scan and e-mail?

Did you send any docs not scanned & attached via courier or did you e-mail through later?

Thanks

aramat

Guest ClanRogers

Hi StefB

Very impressive! :) Looks as if you've become something of a benchmark applicant, I know I'm watching your progress with much anticipation... :whome: Please keep us all posted!

Good Luck!!!

Brad

Hi Aramat,

My supporting docs was not nearly that much. I scanned all documents and uploaded via the following link.

http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/general-skil...attachments.htm

Documents that I uploaded was the following:

(I am the main applicant and I have a wife and two small kids)

-Birth certificate or other evidence of age for everyone on the application

-Copy of page of passport containing personal details for everyone on the application

-Evidence of IELTS test for myself and my wife

-Evidence of overseas qualifications for myself and my wife (scanned copies of our degrees)

-Evidence of positive skills assessment for myself

-Evidence of work experience for myself (letter of employment from my employer)

-Passport photos for everyone on the application

-Evidence of overseas qualifications for myself (letter from the university to state that my degree was done in afrikaans - needed to claim 5 points for afrikaans)

-Marriage certificate

-Evidence of 'Specific Work Experience' for myself (payslip)

-Evidence of 'Specific Work Experience' for myself (letter from my employer stating my duties and examples of projects.

Note I am NOT claiming ANY points for my wifes skills (she is a teacher) so I did not attach her skill assessment. I suppose I did not even have to attach copies of her degree.

I also uploaded the receipt for my Police Clearance application. I cleared this with my CO like mentioned earlier since it will take more than a month to get the PCC. He was happy with the receipt as proof that I did in fact apply.

Now the only thing left to do is my meds and to send my PCC when I get it.

Hope this helps.

Stef

Brad, you're right hey!

no pressure StefB :whome: this is exciting stuff so imagine your excitement :)

It has definitely helped add that bit of positive motivation back into everything

Hi Aramat,

My supporting docs was not nearly that much. I scanned all documents and uploaded via the following link.

http://www.immi.gov.au/e_visa/general-skil...attachments.htm

Note I am NOT claiming ANY points for my wifes skills (she is a teacher) so I did not attach her skill assessment. I suppose I did not even have to attach copies of her degree.

Now the only thing left to do is my meds and to send my PCC when I get it.

Hope this helps.

Stef

I would like to offer an opinion about this. I am impressed that you have got so far so quickly.

But, get all the stuff lined up for your wifes skills assesment and then apply when you are about to migrate if possible or have it ready to do as soon as you have an address here.

We migrated and I did not get my qualifications assesed but brought the documents. I got a job and they insisted on my qualification assesment. I could do this but it took almost 4 monhs to find the correct body, submit the papers, they were sent to Brisbane, then to Canberra. It all worked out OK. A nurse herre came on her husbands visa, and was told she could just start working. She was a little silly not to realise that to work as a nurse in South Africa you need to register, therefore similar rules would apply. She was about to give up and go back and it finally came through.

Good luck

Thanks. You have a valid point. I was wondering what to do about that. Does the skill assessment for teachers expire after a certain time? I dont want to put her through this and have to redo it when she wants to go teach there. She will stay home with the children for the first 2 years or so but then when they are both in school she will want to work again.

Stef

Stef B

At what point am I supposed to attach the documentation I've scanned in? I'm at the point where all I need to do is complete the credit card details & click on the Submit button? :)

Please assist

Aramat

Hi Aramat,

After you click submit AND they have your money you will get an email confirming the transaction and also your TRN number. You can then submit supporting documents to your application by logging into their website using your TRN, birthdate, passport number and password (which you choose at some stage). You can also check the status/progress of your application. In other words you'll get to it once you take the bold leap and click submit. :)

Stef

Ok submitted our online app!! :ilikeit:

BUT system for health forms offline :(

System to upload attaching docs - DOWN!! :ilikeit:

Will have to wait till later :ilikeit:

Aramat