APEC

Johann-Heinrich

We are arriving in Sydney on the 10th, will the APEC clowns be out of town by then? Or will the roads still be closed etc?

We are arriving in Sydney on the 10th, will the APEC clowns be out of town by then? Or will the roads still be closed etc?

As far as I know the last of the clowns are supposed to leave on 9th September. However it is going to take some time to dismantle the circus tent - things like the Great Wall (fence) Of Sydney. Some "Special Event Clearways" will still be be in effect on 10th September.

Have a look here: http://www.apec2007.org/apec.aspx?inc=lw/sb

Hiya!!

If you are staying in a hotel in the city this may affect, if not no change to anyone!! There are very well signed detours around the city. Where are you staying in Sydney (if northern beaches), once you are over the bridge you wont even realise APEC is on!!

By the time you recover from jetlag APEC will be well and truely over!!

Dont worry.

I live and work in the city, the only signs of APEC I've seen are the noisy helicopters overhead and police-wrapped rubbish bins in the streets. The wall of shame is just around the Convention Centre in Darling Harbour and in the area around the Opera House. Circular Quay railway station is also closed, but the ferries run on their normal schedules.