...and yet another blow to my 457 application

OK, so I'm only 3 weeks late to start my job, to which end a contract has been signed by myself and my employer. But that doesn't seem to make a dot of difference to my CO or Immi.

Based on my CO's recommendation, I resigned and packed a container 3 weeks ago.

This morning it transpired that my file has NOT been with a particular department for 3 weeks as I was told! :angry:

I gave the system the benefit of the doubt when my meds got lost, but not this time.

I sent a few strongly worded emails to one or two places in Aus, using factual information I had received, and well after the close of Aus business I received an official letter acknowledging receipt of my file. Finally.

But why waste 3 weeks and why cause me to lose my sense of humour about it? :blink:

I maintain again, that if one does not keep asking polite questions when it appears there is no progress, one might sit forever until an arbitrary official sees your file covered in dust.

My CO has quite clearly not followed up on my file.

Of course, most of the letter was a standard issue thing, and no time frame can be given except to say delays of 6 months have been experienced.

Wonderful.

What makes me so angry is that I have had very poor communication from my CO, and they are now disadvantaging Australian people by messing both myself and my employer around.

There is not another form left on this planet that I could fill out and send in.

I have done everything asked of me, I have complied in every way possible and I have paid for services to be rendered.

We all sit here on the forum and "suppose" this happens in their offices, or "we presume" too much. I fully understand the processes involved in allowing strangers into a country in this day and age, but whatever happened to effective communication and just plain good manners in replying to an email just once in a while?

The one hand doesn't seem to know what the other one is doing.

I'm almost at the point where I'm going to throw the towel in.

My CO has had a public holiday today; would be interesting to see her face when she sees what's in her inbox tomorrow morning. And I suspect not only from me....

I'm not asking any special favours and no short-cuts. Just let myself and the rest of us in on the progress.

They shouldn't leave us hanging in suspense.

It's just plain bad service.

(thank you. I feel much better now :blush: )

Tracy

I know there's and ombudsman or something for immigration. Maybe one should look into comenting on the bad communication!!!

Will come see ya in Alice ...... you lika da wine???

Tracy

I know there's and ombudsman or something for immigration. Maybe one should look into comenting on the bad communication!!!

Will come see ya in Alice ...... you lika da wine???

Hello Tracy,

I know how you feel! We are waiting 13 weeks now!

I work my last day, the end of July. This month I would be getting any income have to depend on my fiancè. :D Most of our furniture has already been sold.

Our agent keeps on saying that he will have a up date and when the up date comes he just says, "it will be soon, very soon" This "soon" is now 13 weeks! ;)

He also preffers not to answer our emails or sms'es.

Where did you get your CO's email address? Maybe I should get ours and send her a email.

Keep well.

Anja.

This is so sad news!! What has your sponsors got to say about all this?

Ooooh, I feel your pain! My hubby was supposed to start working on the 16th of April 2007, he worked his last day in SA on the 30th of March 2007 and yeah, we only arrived in Australia on the 21st of July 2007.

From receiving our meds until we got the ref letter to take our passports to the High Commission about 4 weeks, then 3 working days to actually get that little orange piece of paper in your passport. Ooh, and do make use of internet banking to pay the admin fees at the HC, otherwise they charge you the banking fees extra if you pay cash into their bank account - that was the case in Pretoria, dunno if it will be the same in KZN.

If you think there's a lack of communication there...try the public transport system...ur supposed to know where ur going, ur supposed to know the tram/train/bus stops better than ur abc's and ur supposed to know where everything is, I mean, come on! You are in Australia now, they seem to think that because they know where most places are, and they know how the "system" works, you should too. Sad but true!

Good thing we're not afraid to ask! :P And yeah, once you get the hang of it, it's not that difficult to use the public transport system Oo

I love it here!

Hi Anja,

Sounds like your agent is ducking you like my CO is :P

They are probably the only ones who can give you contact details for your CO.

Even by being polite you can let your agent know what you think of their shoddy manners in not getting back to you.

None of us have to put up with being treated badly.

Best of luck.

Tracy