New small business Investment Visa

R0dney

I've heared about a new Visa that has a pathway to Australian residency through the purchase of a business for as little as $100000. Can any body coment on this as I have a photography business for sale in the Gold Coast

Hi R0dney,

As per this link:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/business-owner-890#Eligibility

It looks like the business needs to own more than 100k in assets (So not just be sold for more than that)

And needs to be making 300k in turnover or more a year

Employs 2 full time AU peeps

The person buying it will need to have owned it for more than 2 years before they can apply for a Visa

16 hours ago, R0dney said:

I've heared about a new Visa that has a pathway to Australian residency through the purchase of a business for as little as $100000. Can any body coment on this as I have a photography business for sale in the Gold Coast

Hi Rodney

There is a Business owner visa (890) available to people already holding an eligible visa (NB: these are generally some of the previous business/investor visa subclasses). 

There are a range of Business and Investor visa options including.

• Business Innovation and Investment (provisional) visa (subclass 188)
  • Business Talent (Permanent) visa (subclass 132)

These visas consider a variety of criteria including your recent business turnover as well as business and personal assets.

Thanks Appreciate the time you have taken to answer.