Vic SC190

Hi all

Im in the planning stages of applying for the SC190 through Victoria. 

Does anyone have any idea if the cutoff points will drop any time soon? We have 85 points. Just trying to figure out timelines. 

I see that Victoria don't require proof of settlement funds. We can raise them, but it will take some time. Cost benefit tells me to apply and save rather than wait and delay the process. Especially if you have approximately a year to activate PR and considering the application timeline. Can anyone confirm that Victoria won't ask for proof of settlement funds? 

Thank you in advance! 

With regard to points:

The SC190 visa itself only requires you to hold 65 points.  Although individual states may have some additional requirements for points in some circumstances.

The future of points can be difficult to accurately predict at the best of times, with COVID-19 they will be impacted by competition (some would be migrants may decide to hold back to see what occurs - others may decide to move asap...) and government policy etc.

I have not yet heard of any invitations for 189/491(FS) in the May round of invites, and April was a low number.  Low/no invites would generally see an increase in points/waiting time. 

For the 189 - my records suggest that no-one with 85 points has been invited that had not submitted their EOI prior to 31/10/2019 and that was a number of months ago.