Bringing car (and bike) over to Oz - Roll on / Roll off shipping

Dalo

Hi all

Moving to Oz in August this year. Anyone used a roll on / roll off service to bring their vehicle over from SA to Oz? If so, which company did you use, and did everything go as planned?

I have a high roof van meaning that i would need a 40ft container if i went the container route. Definitely seems like Roll on / roll off is the way to go for me.

Aside: I am also looking at bringing over a motorbike (dirt bike which is road legal in SA). Any hurdles i might face getting the bike onto the road in Oz? (same gos for van)

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

That would be ideal, but I wont be able to replace the van or bike for even half of what its worth in Oz. Its the only reason I'm bringing them over.

In addition i have done alot custom work to the van (it is a camper) and it would cost a fortune to get the same setup once I'm in Oz. Have done the maths.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

These guys do motorhomes, motorbikes, the lot...  Maybe worth contacting them for specific advice to your situation. I haven't used them so can't comment on their costs/service quality etc.  There are probably a few other companies out there as well, but this is a good starting point.

https://www.dolphincargo.com.au/motorhome-caravan-shipping

Just as a side note; we brought many things to Australia we thought we'd never be able to live without/replace and we found out that our lives here are quite different from our lives in South Africa and we ended up selling a shipload of stuff... People brought cars they thought they'd never be able to part with then sold it here.  So apart form the actual costs, just consider if you will actually keep it and use it for the foreseeable future before you go through all the trouble.