Don't know what to do anymore

LekkerOuJan

After a lot of thinking I fired my migration agent this week. Ever since signing a contract with them they have been very lax to communicate and provide feedback. It was a mission to get any information from them, and when I did get anything from them it was almost never helpful. Constantly stating things like that all states are closed and not issuing invitations at all.

Now I don't know what to do. Thinking about just giving up. I really hoped to get to Australia to be with the woman I love but more and more it looks like there's no way that that's actually going to happen. I'm an industrial engineer, positive skills assessment with Engineers Australia, maximum score on the PTE, and as far as I understand I have 85 points (the agent has constantly been very vague about this, and never really gave me a straight answer.) The last email from the agent basically stated in no uncertain terms that there is no way that I am getting any sort of work visa for Australia. Apparently only NSW are giving visas to Industrial Engineers and then only to people already living in the state. I've been trying to apply for jobs but every company I've come across have 0 interest in considering applications from someone who does not already have residency.

I just don't know what to do anymore. Should I just give up completely and accept that there's no way that I am going to be able to move to Australia? How do I tell my girlfriend that? Our relationship is already in a bad place on account of me taking so long with no movement on the process to get there.

Have you considered the de facto (Partner Visa) depending on how serious you guys are ?

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/partner-onshore.

Alternatively there are some really good agents on the forum.

Edited by Nallan

Thank you for the reply.

I have looked into it. It would be necessary that we live together for quite some time before the defacto partnership visa would become an option. Unfortunately we haven't been able to do that yet.

• 6 months later...

Never give up!  You want to be with this person you love, right?  Let that be your motivation.  Eye on the prize and start again.  

I know you're probably over it, but check in with @SD_MOAor @TeeTMI to see if they're not able to help or point you in the right direction.  These agents have been on this forum for years, providing free information to our members up to the point of actually taking on their business if it comes to that, and I've personally used @SD_MOA a few times for employer sponsored visas, so can vouch for his integrity and service. 

Good luck!