Waiting for 189/190 Grant since December 2018

Makie

Hi All,

I applied for my 189/190 visa in December 2018 and got a CO in May 2019. I have not received any communication from DHA since then and I am wondering if it is just me. Is this kind of delay normal, should I be doing something about it or should I continue waiting for the eventual response.

Please help, I just do not want sit back and do nothing when there is something I can do.

Thanks

• Like 1

Hi Makie -

Your comment is unusual in that you say that you applied for a 189/190.  I wonder if you mean that you submitted an Expression of Interest and have not heard since then.  The reason I wonder is that when applying for a visa you would only apply for either a 189 or a 190 visa not both. 

However, you also say you were contacted by a case officer (I assume with a request for further information?).  If that is the case I would say that not hearing from your case officer since May 2019 after an initial contact, e.g a request for further information, would be unusual.  You might check your ImmiAccount and Spam email to see if there has been correspondence you have missed. 

Depending upon the circumstances? should follow-up - if a visa application/request for further information I would certainly have followed up.

Edited by TeeTMI

From your post history, it appears you applied for a 189 (not a 190).

189 processing times have increased, with 75% of them being processed in 11 months and 90% processed in 13 months. So your application isn't wildly out of sync with global processing times. 189 grants are taking much longer than 190 grants.

However, 8-9 months after CO contact is quite long. I would probably follow up with DHA.

Edited by Jelly
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for your replies and apologies for the mistake. Yes I applied for 189 visa not 190.

I have consistently checked both my spam and ImmiAccount account for any new messages, but there has been nothing for 10 months.

Could you please share with me details of how I can contact DHA. Based on the CO assigned to me, it looks like my application is being process in the Adelaide office.

Thanks

Could also be that your points are lower than the others in the pot - they pick from the top down - so it could mean that they fill the slots before they get to you...

Could anyone please help me with details of how I can contact DHA to inquire about my application.

Thanks

Hello Makie,

You can try the general phone number 131 881 be prepared for a long wait.

Regards

Thanks Stephen,

It looks like the 131 881 number is from within Australia and +61 2 6196 0196  is for outside Australia. Selecting option 3 takes you to the right consultants.