Child 101 visa time and options

Batdiver

Hi there guys 

has anyone applied for a 101 child visa recently ? What was your wait time etc
we applied in August and have only been asked for the health check ,  nothing else 

I see the wait time is 12 to 18 months , but have seen on other forums 6 months ( people applying from Dubai) 

We need to leave in August and I want to see what the options would be should we not revive it in time ? 
can my child go on a visitor visa perhaps ? And we leave and come back when it is granted ?  
they have an eu and Rsa passport 

Hi Batdiver,

I would expect the visa will be finalised before August.  If it isn't then you can apply for a visitor visa for your child and he/she can enter on that.  The child will then need to leave Australia for visa grant (this just needs to be a trip to NZ/Bali etc).

Please note the visitor visa i likely to have max 3 month stay.  If the child visa is not finalised within 3 months of arrival in Aus then the child (and a parent I guess) will need to exit and re-enter Aus to get another 3 months on the visitor visa.

I hope this helps.

Regards

I had a recent RSA Child 101 visa granted in approximately 6 months - but I would stress that processing can vary considerably between individuals / circumstances.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the info , just thought I'd update here visa came through 188 days after application ... I had to send some extra info proving we will definitely be leaving