Citizenship Application Aus and Police Clearance

Geelslang

Hello all. Any tips on obtaining South African Police clearance from Australia for Citizenship application and best agent to use. Thanks

following. need this soon too.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2020 at 7:04 PM, Geelslang said:

Hello all. Any tips on obtaining South African Police clearance from Australia for Citizenship application and best agent to use. Thanks

I'm not sure where you are but we used "Hitchcock and Associates" - they had done our visa for us and so we knew we could trust them. They charged $300 for the 2 of us.

https://www.hitchcock.com.au/ - Ask for Patricia Lee.

We used docassist.   Service was quick and relatively cheap back in 2017   www.docassist.co.za

Doc Assist
181 Allcock Street - Suite A
Colbyn
Pretoria
Tel : 012 430 2221/ 0879445114
Fax: 0864110993
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Shaugn said:

We used docassist.   Service was quick and relatively cheap back in 2017   www.docassist.co.za

Doc Assist
181 Allcock Street - Suite A
Colbyn
Pretoria
Tel : 012 430 2221/ 0879445114
Fax: 0864110993

Thanks. Did you use them from Aus. Did you do the appostilled police certificate or just a regular one for Aus citizenship, do you remember.

I've used doc Assist three times. 2/3 were fine, the last time I had endless troubles. 

As far as I can tell DocAssist outsources all police clearance requests to  "Postnet Pretoria CBD" (they have a fb page) (at least they did in 2018). Up to you whether you want to pay a middleman that just delays the process. 

Just a regular one as for the PR visa application

2 hours ago, Geelslang said:

Thanks. Did you use them from Aus. Did you do the appostilled police certificate or just a regular one for Aus citizenship, do you remember.

Used them from AUS

Edited by Shaugn

5 hours ago, Shaugn said:

Just a regular one as for the PR visa application

Used them from AUS

Thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone know where to add the Police Clearance Certificates on the citizenship application?  I have reached the point where I need to add the docs, but it does not prompt me for the penal clearances like the other docs eg birth cert, identity declaration etc.

With Citizenship applications In many cases you would not need police clearances. 

There is an the option to add additional documents at a later point.

Thanks @TeeTMI, will continue with the application.  Have yet to get my PCC from South Africa.  What a hassle..

On 5/6/2020 at 9:07 AM, TeeTMI said:

With Citizenship applications In many cases you would not need police clearances. 

There is an the option to add additional documents at a later point.

Hi TeeTMI, 

Under what circumstances would we require PCC from SA? Would it be if we spent a further 12 months in SA after receiving our visa? 

If you had spent 12 months in SA after you had received your visa then yes potentially.  However, the amount of time varies (from 90+ days) depending upon the wider circumstances since the grant of PR.

• 1 month later...

@TeeTMI please can I ask if one needs form 80 for citizenship? Thank you.

10 hours ago, Chips said:

@TeeTMI please can I ask if one needs form 80 for citizenship? Thank you.

I have never attached Form 80 to a Citizenship application. 

• Like 1

On 7/2/2020 at 7:48 AM, TeeTMI said:

I have never attached Form 80 to a Citizenship application. 

Thank you @TeeTMI

• 1 month later...

Do you require your unabridged birth certificate to submit as supporting documents for citizenship application? 

I hope not as I applied for my unabridged birth certificate in early 2016 and I’m still waiting for a response from home affairs 😑

On 5/8/2020 at 9:49 AM, TeeTMI said:

If you had spent 12 months in SA after you had received your visa then yes potentially.  However, the amount of time varies (from 90+ days) depending upon the wider circumstances since the grant of PR.

Missed your response! Thanks - makes sense, don't think I'll need it :) 

• 4 months later...

@MovedAlready did you ever get an answer to this question? We just got our citizenship test and interview appointment date for 9 Feb and we don't have hubby's unabridged cert, only abridged, and it clearly states they need a doc with both his parents details on it? SA Home Affairs had also "lost" his details when we applied last time so we never got it.

• 1 year later...
On 1/5/2021 at 3:08 PM, Moose2014 said:

@MovedAlready did you ever get an answer to this question? We just got our citizenship test and interview appointment date for 9 Feb and we don't have hubby's unabridged cert, only abridged, and it clearly states they need a doc with both his parents details on it? SA Home Affairs had also "lost" his details when we applied last time so we never got it.

I did eventually receive my unabridged birth certificate from the SA embassy but turns out I didn’t need it at my citizenship interview. Might just be the case officer looking at my file and they may request it from others so would be good to get it 😊