Kids on return visit to RSA on Aus passports having been born in RSA

Duncs72

Hi guys, we are wanting to take the family (2 adults and 2 kids) to go and visit family in South Africa as it has been 7 years.  My question is:  My wife and I applied and received dual citizenship (Aus and RSA) when we received our Australian Citizenship (mainly because we still have a business in SA and return now and then).  I did not apply for dual citizenship for my kids (aged 11 and 12) and have let their SA passports expire assuming that when they received their Aus Citizenships their SA citizenship just expires?  I am worried that we might have some issues now when we return to SA in April with us as parents having SA and Aus passports but the kids just having Aus passports?  Does anybody know if this will be a problem?  Thx in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

As your kids have RSA passports and have not officially rejected their RSA citizenship they must by law enter the country under their RSA passports

Australia does not let RSA know when someone gets citizenship, as far as RSA knows they are still citizens