SkillSelect Invites for 189 visas - November 2019 Invitations

TeeTMI

SkillSelect Invites for 189 visas - Results from the 11 November 2019 round of Invitations

This month 250 189 visa invitations were issued.

No 489 invitations were issued as this visa has now ceased.  It was be replaced by the 491 visa on the 16th November so it may be a while before the points score settles for this new option (https://www.taylormadeimmigration.com/Changes_Nov19).

For ALL occupations that are NOT in the table below the number of points required for most occupations was:

• 189 Invitations: 250 invitations were issued for the 189 visa to EOIs with 85+ points (EOI date of effect prior to 31/10/2019). The larger number of invites reduced the number of points required this month.

NB: as of the 16th November the new points system came into play (an increase in the points score would be expected), however this may be counteracted somewhat given that in the 5 month period of the migration year to-date only 2850 189 visa invitations have been issued from the yearly migration plan maximum figure for this visa 16,652 (noting that this is a maximum not a figure that the DHA are required to fill).  It will be interesting to see how these two factors impact the points score required to receive an invitation going forwards. Hopefully, we may see an increased number of invitations being issued each month for the 189 which may counteract the potential increase in points somewhat?

The attached table shows the points required for the occupations that are issued on a ProRata basis. All other occupations required the 85+ points as above.
The points required to receive an invitation for a 189 visa in previous months can be seen at our web site  https://www.taylormadeimmigration.com/DaystoInvite

Points.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

95 points required for Industrial engineer. There's absolutely no way I can actually get to that score (I think I have only 80 as is).

I think this may have just wiped out the last bit of hope I had left.

14 hours ago, LekkerOuJan said:

95 points required for Industrial engineer. There's absolutely no way I can actually get to that score (I think I have only 80 as is).

I think this may have just wiped out the last bit of hope I had left.

It sounds as if December also has had a very low number of 189 EOI invites issued.

Given the recent changes and reduction in the maximum number of 189 visas that can be issued this year there is a significant increase in competition for the 189 visa.  You might look at the 190 (due to the reduction in 189 places we are seeing a significant increase in competition for this visa) and 491 skilled visa options?

I already tried the 190 stream, although no 190 invites have been handed out in months as far as I know. I think only NSW have given a 190 to an Industrial Engineer and that was back in 2016. My career isn't listed at all on the 491 list.