Vetassess requirements - please help

Lorraine

Question

Dear Forum Members

I am hoping someone can help me out with some Vetassess questions. I am applying under the Environmental Research Scientist occupation.

1. I have a PhD degree (awarded in 2019) and a Masters degree (awarded in 2008). I have obviously included my degree certificates and transcripts for my postgraduate degrees on Vetassess. What is the requirement regarding listing undergraduate degrees if this is clear on the transcript I have submitted. The reason I am asking this question is because I have misplaced my actual certificates for my undergraduate degrees so I cannot list them individually on my vetassess application at this stage.

2. My PhD research was directly related to my main job responsibilities and all the work undertaken was during official hours in order to complete tasks required by my employer. I am able to show this with the evidence I have provided. When listing my PhD qualification - it asks for study mode. I was neither full-time or part-time so I chose OTHER from the drop down menu. As an explanation I included that it was "completed during work hours as part of my day to day responsibilities". Will vetassess have an issue with this? I was remunerated at my standard salary rate for this work done.

Any advice from those who have been through this process before would be much appreciated :)

3 answers to this question

14 hours ago, Lorraine said:

1. I have a PhD degree (awarded in 2019) and a Masters degree (awarded in 2008). I have obviously included my degree certificates and transcripts for my postgraduate degrees on Vetassess. What is the requirement regarding listing undergraduate degrees if this is clear on the transcript I have submitted. The reason I am asking this question is because I have misplaced my actual certificates for my undergraduate degrees so I cannot list them individually on my vetassess application at this stage.

You should contact your Varsity to obtain your bachelor degree certificate/transcripts, these documents will be required.

8 hours ago, TeeTMI said:

You should contact your Varsity to obtain your bachelor degree certificate/transcripts, these documents will be required.

I have the transcripts just not the certificates. It is very clear on the transcript what courses I have completed for my undergraduate degrees. Is a certificate on top of this necessary?

3 hours ago, Lorraine said:

I have the transcripts just not the certificates. It is very clear on the transcript what courses I have completed for my undergraduate degrees. Is a certificate on top of this necessary?

My agent was very adamant that the degree certificate was needed. I had lost one of mine, and had to pay to get it re-printed. Your mileage may vary, but I would not want to chance it. Took 3 tries to get my VETASSESS sorted because little things were forgotten, took an agent to finally sort it out (Although I was not a straight forward case).

• Thanks 1