Is 65 points enough

MichelleDuP

Evening everyone:)

I hope someone can give me some advice.

My husband and are looking at applying for the 190 visa, state sponsorship from ACT. My concern is do we have enough points to continue with the process? My husband is a Web Developer(261212) but has no formal qualification but many years experience. He would need to submit and RPL, Which he has completed but given the cost involved, is it worth submitting if we only make up 65 points? From what I've found the invitations to apply are currently only being issued if you have 80+ points- is this correct? Has anyone with 65 points been invited to apply recently?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Michelle

It is Invitations for the 189 visa require 80+ points, not the 190 visa.

Theoretically, invites can be made for the 190 visa for 65 points or more assuming the state nominates you. 

In addition to the visa points, the different states often have additional consideration requirements.  ACT use a points matrix based on a variety of factors they consider of priority to them, then invite people with the higher points based on that matrix.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for clarifying that for me @TeeTMI :) that give me a little more hope.😊

7 hours ago, TeeTMI said:

It is Invitations for the 189 visa require 80+ points, not the 190 visa.

Theoretically, invites can be made for the 190 visa for 65 points or more assuming the state nominates you. 

In addition to the visa points, the different states often have additional consideration requirements.  ACT use a points matrix based on a variety of factors they consider of priority to them, then invite people with the higher points based on that matrix.