In 190 application and signatures

Jaydi

Question

We're thinking of applying for a 190. However, my husband's occupation is not currently sponsored by the state we would prefer going to.
I've read that one is expected, but not required to live in the state that sponsors you for two years.

I've seen someone ask a question about "Commitment Statement". So in the process of applying for a 190, it seems to me that one has to write such a statement?
The thing is, I have a conscience. I don't want to write a statement, sign a form or whatever, giving the impression that I want to live in a state when I really don't have any desire to do so.

So I'm wondering whether someone can give me more information about what the application of the 190 would entail and possible problems when you don't really want to move to the state that sponsors you. 🙂

Of course, I could change my "wants" and just live in less-that-preferred-state for two years. I would just like to know what to expect in the application.

4 answers to this question

My first thought on reading your post is that five years from now will it matter where you started your new life in Australia or will you be ever so grateful for the opportunity and adventures on the way?

Regarding your question: here is a thread that discusses this. Good on you for asking first :)

http://www.saaustralia.org/topic/48884-489-190-regional-loopholes/#comment-449284 

• Like 1

If you have the opportunity to come to Australia then you should jump at the chance. 2 years commitment is nothing in the big picture, you might even enjoy it

20 hours ago, RYLC said:

My first thought on reading your post is that five years from now will it matter where you started your new life in Australia or will you be ever so grateful for the opportunity and adventures on the way?

Regarding your question: here is a thread that discusses this. Good on you for asking first :)

http://www.saaustralia.org/topic/48884-489-190-regional-loopholes/#comment-449284 

Thanks, I like the comparison you make in the other post about the "seats". It's exactly what troubled me about abusing the state sponsored visa to gain the points but not showing the common courtesy to at least live & work there for two years.

If we go the 190 route we shall honour the agreement. 

I just feel like I'm having to recalculate. We have family in a certain state and I had my heart set about being close to them. All other states feel like different countries to me. Different planets actually. 
Better to find this out now. I just couldn't fake the commitment statement thing. 

On 10/2/2019 at 4:29 AM, Jaydi said:

I just feel like I'm having to recalculate. We have family in a certain state and I had my heart set about being close to them. All other states feel like different countries to me. Different planets actually. 
Better to find this out now. I just couldn't fake the commitment statement thing. 

Just remember that your commitment is for two years (or however long the visa states). It's not for a lifetime. This is not a marriage. You're just agreeing to settle for two years. After that you can do what you like so don't overthink the commitment thing. Stick to the minimum requirements only.