Noticing 189/190 Visa Grant Delays?

Makie

Hi Guys,

I have been watching this forum and other forums and it seems very few people received their grants since June this year.  The last person to confirm grant in this group Who else is waiting for visa approval? was in June if I am correct. I also noticed that the global processing times has increased by a few months.

Does anyone know why there seem to be such long delays.

November 2017 : Made the decision to migrate to Australia

21 June 2018 : Wrote Pearson's English Test results (overal score 76)

27 July 2018 : Granted Skills assessment by ACS

25 October 2018 : Wrote Pearson's English Test results (overal score 82)

11 November 2018 : Received successful EOI ( 189 at 75 points and 190 for NSW and Victoria at 80 points)

28 December 2018 :Lodged 189 Visa

07 May 2019: Responded to the CO

TBA 189 GRANT RECEIVED🤞

Edited by Makie

We keep on going through this cycle.  It slows down every year because government makes it more and more onerous for people to emigrate.  I suspect the case officers have more details to check on every case hence it takes longer.

When we applied in 2016, the application went from being lodged on 29/08/2016, CO contact on 12/09/2016 to granted on 11/11/2016.  2.5 months from start to finish!

Looking at immitracker, it looks like they are only up to applications lodged end of Feb 2019.

Hang in there, it is so worth it in the end.

Hi Chris,

Thanks a lot for the encouragement. Based on the cycles will the processing times pick up again or does this become the new norm?

Still keeping the faith and hope the grant comes through soon.

Edited by Makie

My understanding is that there may be a bit of a backlog processing the 189/190 applications, which may account for the extended processing times (there are a couple of other potential factors playing into this as well).  It also may partly account for the current low number of invitations being made for 189 visas in the last few months, potentially the department may be trying to reduce the backlog/processing times.

Processing times / policy on processing varies considerably over time therefore is very difficult to predict.

On 9/11/2019 at 5:28 PM, Makie said:

Based on the cycles will the processing times pick up again or does this become the new norm?

There are definite ups and downs, but looking at the trend it always ends up being slower than the year before.  What will likely happen is that the queue will get to a stage where they either stop sending invites or make the invitation criteria much much stricter.