Gaining Partner points for 190 EOI/Visa

matthewthomas

Question

Hi Guys

First of all, thanks so much for all the advice and knowledge that has been shared on this forum. I have learnt a lot and its helped me to pursue my dream of moving to Australia. 

My question is - I submitted my EOI on the 10th of May (Occupation: Actuary) and unfortunately have not received an invite as yet. I would like to know if I can gain an extra 5 points for my partners occupation if we did not get VETASSESS to formally assess her occupation. I have had mine assessed and got the positive approval. Her occupation is on the occupation list for NSW as well (albeit on the short term and not on the medium term as mine) and I am positive that we could get her occupation approved, but obviously if we can save the money of applying once more to VETASSESS, it would help. I am currently trying to gain any extra points that might increase our chances of receiving an invite. I already received superior for the English test, so that is a dead end.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, 

Matthew

5 answers to this question

She would require a positive skills assessment and need to be able to prove competent English. See link attached:

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/skilled-nominated-190/points-table

I am not 100% sure on the issue regarding the short/medium term lists. 

Edited by frosty

As far as I know, partner points only apply if it's on the same list as the main applicant (so she'd also have to be on the medium list). 

You have to do an English test for her anyway.

This is quite an old post - just to point out that there will also be changes to the several points categories including partner points in November 2019.  My earlier post.

9 hours ago, Tntaglia said:

As far as I know, partner points only apply if it's on the same list as the main applicant (so she'd also have to be on the medium list). 

You have to do an English test for her anyway.

Thank you @Tntaglia - she's writing her English test next week. Fortunately we have not submitted her documents to VETASSESS already.