Selecting multiple VISA options on ROI

nanettedv

Question

Hi

Can someone please explain what happens if I select multiple visa options on my ROI? Will this increase the possibility of me getting a visa invitation?

I have applied for 189, but fear that my points of 70 may not be enough for an invitation, so I'm considering updating the EOI to include more visas.

10 answers to this question

You can add the 190 State sponsorship to your current EOI, or alternatively you can create a new EOI for each state separately. There is some debate that if a State sees you are interested in other States that they may be reluctant to nominate you, hence why some choose the latter option. Personally I cannot comment on how true this is as I am not a migration agent. I can however confirm that we received a NSW pre-invitation even though they were both on the same EOI.

You need to go look at each State individually to see which States are nominating your specific occupation as well as each States specific criteria for sponsorship. Depending on the State there may be additional criteria other than just being on the list and having sufficient points. So to give yourself a realistic idea of your chances you should go look at all of these. Also keep in mind that with State sponsorship the invitations are not necessarily issued on a monthly basis as with the 189 visa, so it is a bit harder to keep track of and to know when invitations are sent as well as the candidates points who received an invitation. Keep in mind that a State does also not necessarily need to invite based on points alone (i.e. they could possibly invite someone with 75 pts even if someone else has submitted with 80 pts). Not saying that this is the case, but it can happen which makes determining you odds with these streams quite a bit more complicated. 

As the 189 visa has become increasingly competitive in the last few years, personally I would opt to also apply for State sponsorship. Assuming you meet the requirements that is.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, nanettedv said:

Hi

Can someone please explain what happens if I select multiple visa options on my ROI? Will this increase the possibility of me getting a visa invitation?

I have applied for 189, but fear that my points of 70 may not be enough for an invitation, so I'm considering updating the EOI to include more visas.

If you select multiple options within the EOI then potentially you can be selected towards the other visa options e.g. 190 and 489.  Each of the states operates slightly differently and you would also need to look at their requirements as well in order for either of these other options.  

You might also take a look at how your points might change in November 2019.  In November there are some additional points to be gained there will be winners and losers.  Plus, the 489 visa will be replaced by the 491 visa. 

Note that whilst you may gain points not also that others will also be looking at gaining points.

https://taylormadeimmigration.com/Skilled_Points_Score

• Thanks 1

Thanks, TeeTMI. I have taken the assessment on your site, and it gives me 5 extra points from Nov onwards, as I could claim for my partners ability to speak english. But then, as you way, everyone will probably benefit from more points, thus putting me in the same predicament. I also assume that, if I update my EOI in November, my new EOI submit date would be November.

By the way, do you know if there is any place to see how many people are in the different points categories? Something like that would be great to know if there is a realistic chance for invitation. 

5 hours ago, nanettedv said:

By the way, do you know if there is any place to see how many people are in the different points categories? Something like that would be great to know if there is a realistic chance for invitation. 

As far as I know this type of information is unfortunately not readily available. I found the following websites to be quite useful when we started the process. 

https://myimmitracker.com/

The data on Immitracker is populated by other applicants. You can look at the cases that others have shared. There are trackers for EOI as well as for submitted visa applications. Just note that because this information is shared by individuals it contains a very small percentage of the actual EOI's and applications. So you can compare cases similar to yours to see what the trend is, however it is not very reliable to try extrapolate this data to make future predictions.

https://www.iscah.com/

This is a link to a migration agents website, as far as I know they are located in Australia. Each month after the invitations have been issued for 189 and again after the official invitation numbers have been published they release a newsletter with their updated "predictions" of when you could expect an Invitation for 189. I am not a big fan of predictions as I believe there are way too many unknown variables to take into account. I have however been following this newsletter for some time as well as a thread on another forum, and the general consensus is that their "predictions" can sometimes be quite accurate (they also got ours correct). Like I said though, this information is purely based on whatever formula they have devised to obtain their "predictions".

• Thanks 1

On 7/28/2019 at 2:58 PM, frosty said:

you can create a new EOI for each state separately.

I did not even know you could have multiple EOIs! Is it therefore possible to get multiple state invites (hypothetically speaking)?

2 minutes ago, nanettedv said:

I did not even know you could have multiple EOIs! Is it therefore possible to get multiple state invites (hypothetically speaking)?

Theoretically yes. 

Remember you will first receive a pre-invitation from the State. Once that is submitted and approved you will receive the official invite on ImmiAccount. 

1 hour ago, frosty said:

Theoretically yes. 

Remember you will first receive a pre-invitation from the State. Once that is submitted and approved you will receive the official invite on ImmiAccount. 

This was an issue last year, or the year before. People had multiple invites in, and that a scenario where people were sitting with options. The issue with this is that if a person is sitting with 3 options, it means that 2 people are loosing out until the person picks their choice.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, nanettedv said:

Thanks, TeeTMI. I have taken the assessment on your site, and it gives me 5 extra points from Nov onwards, as I could claim for my partners ability to speak english. But then, as you way, everyone will probably benefit from more points, thus putting me in the same predicament. I also assume that, if I update my EOI in November, my new EOI submit date would be November.

That is correct some changes to an EOI will change the Deeming date (e.g. if you update the EOI with a higher English score).

I have not seen any official information relating to the number of people in the individual points categories - and it would need to be a dynamic list as points change for a variety of reasons.

It is not clear what the deeming date policy may be on 16th November when the points will automatically change for a number of people waiting in the EOI pool due to the added and changed points categories.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, nanettedv said:

I did not even know you could have multiple EOIs!

This does not seem to be possible on Skillselect anymore. there is no option to add additional EOIs from what I can see on the portal. So I've just indicated 190 on the original EOI for 189 and it has now added an additional 190 EOI. so now I have 2 EOIs. The awesome thing is that I now have an additional 5 points for the nominated visa option - hooray! 

3 hours ago, nanettedv said:

This does not seem to be possible on Skillselect anymore. there is no option to add additional EOIs from what I can see on the portal. So I've just indicated 190 on the original EOI for 189 and it has now added an additional 190 EOI. so now I have 2 EOIs. The awesome thing is that I now have an additional 5 points for the nominated visa option - hooray! 

Is there no option to create a new EOI? Maybe things have changed.