The doors are closing

HappyIsland

A year ago it was possible to get a 189 invite for most ICT occupations with 70 points. In less than a year, the points to get an invitation have gone up to 80-85

Moreover, the 190 NSW state sponsorship route has now closed for most of the pro-rata occupations. You now need to live in NSW with 1 year work experience to get a 190 SS.

There's a definite drive towards short term visas. One can see this in the short processing times for temporary work permits as apposed to the much longer processing times for 190 & 189 visas. Timelines for processing 190 visas have now blown out to 10-15 months.

Going forward, it seems that only applicants with points in the top tiers would stand a chance for the points tested pathways.

I sincerely hope I get in then. I just submitted my EOI with 75 points and in ICT field...

11 hours ago, nanettedv said:

I sincerely hope I get in then. I just submitted my EOI with 75 points and in ICT field...

Have a look at this. If you applied for any of these 3 you need a minimum of 85 points:

image.png.e3854693dcec26da60a2314dd7cdebae.png

• Sad 1

On 7/18/2019 at 4:13 AM, nanettedv said:

I lodged my eoi at 70pts in Feb last year, at the time average pts for ICT's was around 80pts, by luck I got an invite late October 2018. Phew.
You could try these if you haven't already;
- Try to max on your pts in English
- Opt for 190
- Start talking to potential employers in Australia, you might get lucky with someone willing to sponsor you.

Hello All,

The July invite round results have just been published and the invite marks have dropped from June which is a step in the right direction.  You can see the details in the 'Discussion on specifically applying for a visa' section.

Regards.

• Thanks 1