Provident funds found after financial emigration?

origincanada

Hi there. I did the financial emigration process around 5 years ago (unbelievably long and painful process) and everything went great eventually. I just got an email from a company in Cape Town called the 'datafactory' who seem to have found some money owed to me from my provident fund. They sent me the forms to complete BUT needs SA bank account statement , my tax number and a few other bits and pieces. Now that I have no bank account and all my financial affairs have been closed off how on earth should I deal with this situation? Any ideas would be appreciated. Cheers

8 hours ago, origincanada said:

Hi there. I did the financial emigration process around 5 years ago (unbelievably long and painful process) and everything went great eventually. I just got an email from a company in Cape Town called the 'datafactory' who seem to have found some money owed to me from my provident fund. They sent me the forms to complete BUT needs SA bank account statement , my tax number and a few other bits and pieces. Now that I have no bank account and all my financial affairs have been closed off how on earth should I deal with this situation? Any ideas would be appreciated. Cheers

Hi

go back to authorised dealer having done the emigration and ask them to update your MP336(b) and place additions on record. They need not have a blocked account they can be given permission to remit abroad but new blocked account opened with ease

Thanks Hugo.