Does B.Ed in Foundation Phase teaching qualify?

Hi everyone 

I hold a B.Ed in foundation phase teaching. The degree covers Gr R to Gr 3  (ages 5-9).

Primary school teachers are NOT on the Skilled Occupation List, but Early Childhood teachers are. As far as I know Early Childhood in Australia refers to teaching children who are up to 8years old. So does that mean I qualify as an Early Childhood teacher for Visa purposes?

My second question is whether my experience teaching in  a Grade 2 class (age 7-8) would count as early childhood experience. Please help! 

As you are aware Early Childhood (Pre-primary School) Teacher covers the age range 0 to 8. 
If you would like to email me (business email address below) your CV and details of the age of the children you taught during your period of supervised teaching practice I would be happy to take a closer look at this and comment.

Hi Angela, 

ECE  Early Childhood Education (teachers) teach between the ages for 0 - 5 years.  This only allows you to teach in an Early Childhood setting or Kindergarden (preschool: 4 to 5 years old).  Unfortunately I don't think your experience would count though your qualification may.  There is a demand f Early Childhood teachers in the Childcare services and may  be other options.  Chat to an immigration person for confirmation and direction.   

4 hours ago, Dee Dee said:

Hi Angela, 

ECE  Early Childhood Education (teachers) teach between the ages for 0 - 5 years.  This only allows you to teach in an Early Childhood setting or Kindergarden (preschool: 4 to 5 years old).  Unfortunately I don't think your experience would count though your qualification may.  There is a demand f Early Childhood teachers in the Childcare services and may  be other options.  Chat to an immigration person for confirmation and direction.   

According to AITSL (the assessing body) it is defined as age 0-8 for the occupation of early childhood teacher. So teaching children up to age 8 will be acceptable.  I investigated this exact situation for my sister. @TeeTMI is also a migration agent so will be able to advise on the other requirements such as practice teaching days etc.