Where to start?

Ney

Hi There, I want to migrate to Australia hopefully next year or whenever is soonest but I am a bit overwhelmed with all the information out there and where to start.
I have a degree from Monash South Africa from when it was still under Monash Australia (BSc double major in Communications & media and Marketing) meaning i have both South African and Australian certificates for my undergrad. Is this something I can utilize? Judging from just this what would be the best visa to apply for?

Thank you in advance.

Ney

Hi there 

I can imagine you may feel overwhelmed. What I would suggest is to go and google the Australian Skilled Occupation List (SOL). If your occupation or skills fall in there then you know you can apply for 189. If its not there you would need to go and look at the state(s) lists to see if your occupation is on there. If so you will need to go look at 190 / 489 (new regional visas from November) 

I don't know the list off by heart and also dont know what your occupation is, but that would be 1st step. 

If your lucky enough there on any of the list then you know you can start with the process, and we can advice further. 

regards 

Phlip 

Hi Phlip,

Thanks a lot for your feedback it really helps. i will update you of my progress.

regards

Ney

• 3 weeks later...

You could also ask a migration agent to do a free assessment for you.  At least then you'll know if you'd qualify for a skilled visa. It is not a visa assessment so you'll still have to meet all the other criteria (English Language, Age, Income, Health, Security etc - whatever applies to the visa you apply for).  

Hi Riekie,

Thanks a lot, I am definitely going to do this. It would help give me an idea of where i stand.

Ney

• Like 1

We have a few registered migration agents on the forum @SD_MOA & @TeeTMI  offering free advice to our members for many years now.  Of course if you proceed with an application or your case is complicated which would require you to obtain their services you will have to pay but their advice on the forum is free.  I've used @SD_MOAa couple of times for visas for or employees so can vouch for him and Tee helped many other people on the forum get their visas.  You won't go wrong with either.