The Top End it is

Philip84

Hi all, 

When my wife and started thinking of the immigration thing 🙂 I never would have considered Darwin or the NT. To be perfectly honest besides for a movie called "Australia" by Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman In knew very little about Darwin and the Top End of Australia. 

But as it happened NT had my occupation on their skills list and after a very long wait I got a invite in Mid June 2019. So just waiting for my daughters passport then I can submit my visa application. 

For those in same or a similar position from past experience just few questions from my side...

1. After submitting the visa application (form 1276 ). How long had before getting grant? 

2. For those that have been through the whole process already. How long did you wait before you got job on that side? This is one thing that makes me little nervous. I know unemployment low but just stressing about getting a job.

any other advice from anyone? 

As Darwin is in the NT, where do you intent to settle? Dont know if you have done homework about NT, but its seems so beautiful and so many places to go.

We will be up North shortly visiting Kakuda National Park, Katherine, Nitmiluk National Park, Kununnura,  Lake Argyle, Bungle Bungle, Litchfield National Park, and Darwin. 

yes I have done allot of research of NT and Darwin. I have looked at a few suburbs in and around Darwin. Palmerston looks like very family friendly suburbs 

• 1 month later...

Just returned from NT. What a holiday. You may find that Palmerston is far enough from the airport as the aircraft noise is quite disturbing specially early in the morning and very late at night.