Updating Passport Details on ImmiAccount

Ren

Question

Hi Everyone

So the day after I got the most amazing email EVER stating that my 190 visa had been granted, I received an sms from Home Affairs to say that my new passport was ready for collection! My visa application and grant is all in my maiden name, however my new passport is in my married name.

My agent told me to scan and email my new and old passport to the immigration department in Pretoria which I did and they replied and said I need to update my details on my ImmiAccount - which I did. I selected the option that said that my name is now different to what was previously advised and I updated all of the details. I uploaded a scan of my new passport and my marriage certificate to support the change of name. I then got a message saying "thank you, your form has been submitted"... and that was that. Nothing has changed. The profile is still under my maiden name and the grant letter is still the original one I received. Is this correct?

I am having visions of getting to the border and being turned away :oops:

1 answer to this question