Single male immigrating

VernT

I just want to find out if i would be able to get a visa to work in any Australian State with my qualification and experience. I am a 32 year old male and i have a 3 year Diploma in Marketing Management together with about 8 years working experience. I would also like to get an estimate of all the costs involved in immigrating alone from SA. Thanks for the help.

hi, you need to check if your profession against the skills list  https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/working-in-australia/skill-occupation-list

Then you need to work our your "points" that will guide you what type of visa you need 189/190  etc etc 

OR you might get a employer to sponsor you  (no easy and comes with other challenges...)

Its a complex and even changing process - I would suggest you talk to a  registered migration agent (there are a few on this site)

as for cost see below:

Migration Agent = R30k - R40k

English test, EOI Cost, Visa costs = R80k - R100k

moving -   R80k -R100k for 20 foot container minimum, (if you take one)

flights etc R10k - R15k per person depending on specials  and route you take

some "hidden cost" to consider:

tax on Prov funds when you withdraw

accommodation first 2 -3 weeks when you get there (Airbnb?) (R20k...)
Car rental first week or 2 (R10K??)

Hi Vern, I think this will be a useful post to go through. Some of the things you might have already done or may not be relevant for you but it is still a great list.

• 4 weeks later...