Partner Visa

ianzunckel

Hi all, 

So I have just received my Permanent Residency Visa, the predicament im in is that I met my partner after applying for my visa and we are serious. I'd like to know or some advise as to how I could get her to move over with me? What visa options to pursue or any advice from members that may have been in the same situation.

Thank you

Hi Ianzunckel

Congratulations on your visa.

This is probably a question for an agent, as there are several possibilities. I suggest you consult the Australian Home Affairs (immigration) website and read up on partner visas. A partner can be a spouse or de facto, but you need to prove that you live together in a genuine and continuing relationship. There are spouse/de facto visas, as well as prospective marriage visas, which may be granted onshore or offshore, depending on your application and circumstances. 

Way too much information to post here, as your circumstances will dictate which path is right for you. There may be options other than a partner visa, but you’d need MARA agent to assess your situation and to guide your choice.

If you go the partner visa route, I should warn you that the waiting times are long, and getting longer - around 14 months at present. Partner visas have also become pretty expensive - check the website for details. For a spouse/de facto visa, your relationship has to be like a marriage, and the proof required is substantial, as this visa is known to be one that is potentially open to abuse. You need joint finances as well as other proof that you live together and are regarded as a couple by your family, friends and society in general.

Good luck finding the right option and sorry I can’t be more helpful - I did my own partner visa a few years ago, but had been married for 12 years at the time, so way more straightforward.

All the best with your plans!

Cheers

Dill

13 hours ago, ianzunckel said:

Hi all, 

So I have just received my Permanent Residency Visa, the predicament im in is that I met my partner after applying for my visa and we are serious. I'd like to know or some advise as to how I could get her to move over with me? What visa options to pursue or any advice from members that may have been in the same situation. 

Thank you

Given that your visa application has already been granted, then unless your partner is eligible in their own right to apply for another visa, e.g. a skilled visa (which might be a quicker/cheaper option), then you might look at whether they are eligible for one of the partner visa options.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ianzunckel

I see you asking for advice all over the place on Facebook, as well as on here. It would be nice to acknowledge people who offer advice and assistance on this forum, especially when you get a detailed response. This keeps the wheel turning for those following you in the process.

Cheers

Dill

Edited by Dill
Politeness and clarification
  • Like 1

Hi Dill,

Alot of people comment and I cannot take the time out to respond to every single comment, As much as id like to but I do appreciate the tips anyone offers and I send them private messages to elaborate and thank them. 

15 hours ago, Dill said:

I see you asking for advice all over the place on Facebook, and that’s fine, but I never see you acknowledging anyone who answers your questions.

Probably better to have this conversation on the relevant platform (whatever facebook group you're referring to) as it has no relevance to this forum or linked facebook groups. 

30 minutes ago, Riekie said:

Probably better to have this conversation on the relevant platform (whatever facebook group you're referring to) as it has no relevance to this forum or linked facebook groups. 

Thanks Riekie

Edited my post for clarification.

• Like 1

Hi all, 

Just an update, have connected with an immigration agent and starting the process for a partner visa.

Thanks for all that commented and did provide some tips. its appreciated :) 

• Like 2