PTE JHB - Which Center?

MrJacquers

I'm planning on doing the PTE test next month. I'm in PE, but the company I work for is sending us up for a team building event, so I might as well do the test while I'm there.

Just a few questions for the Jhb guys... which PTE test center would you recommend going to?

I'll be staying in Sandton and there is a test center there, so logistically it's the closest and easiest for transport and I can just take the train to the airport when I'm done.

However, I've read that the Edenvale center is the nicer one to go to and they have a generator as well in case of load shedding.

I'll probably do the 9am test due to the flight bookings. How long does it usually take to get from Sandton to Edenvale in the morning? I'd need to take a taxi / uber.

Edited by MrJacquers

Hi

I wrote at the Edenvale center 2 weeks back. I had an issue with my headset where the sound was not clear but they quickly swopped it for me and restarted the specific question.

Other than that, no issues. The convenience with Edenvale center is that you can book 3-5 days before you intend to write your test as they are not as busy as the Sandton branch. Also, it might not be fully booked on the day thus you will have some space between yourself and the next person which helps with the Speaking section.

Good luck!

I've booked at the Edenvale center because there were no bookings available in Sandton for the time that I'll be there.

Always funny to see the MBB cross-polination!

Did the test at Sandton with no issues. Would not want to drive to Edenvale when I live and work 5km from the Sandton test centre.