Proof of relationship - 482 visa - & other questions

Candshow

Hi all....

We are starting the 482 medium stream visa application - my husband's company has placed adverts as required etc....I've booked our dogs in for their titre tests....

While we wait the 28 days required for the ads, I was wanting to start getting all the documents required together.  

What type of documents are needed as proof of relationship?  Obviously we are married but I believe we require evidence of our entire relationship?  How did you do this?

What other documentation will be required?  

TIA 🙂

I uploaded the following:

• Marriage certificate
  • Wedding pictures
  • Engagement pictures
  • Other pictures through the years

Optionally, you can also upload other documents such as shared bank accounts etc.
We don't have any shared accounts, so I just uploaded our marriage certificate, pictures, etc.

I think less pressure is put on people from SA to prove relationships as apposed to other countries where there are arranged marriages, people marrying under islamic law (which is not always recognised under english law).

Upload what you can and you should be ok.

11 hours ago, Candshow said:

Obviously we are married but I believe we require evidence of our entire relationship?

Wait what? Is this something new?  We uploaded our marriage certificate and that was it.

Thanks for this - seems easier than I thought which is great news!!! 

Another question though - can my husband get his police clearance for SA while in the UK? 

28 minutes ago, Candshow said:

Thanks for this - seems easier than I thought which is great news!!! 

Another question though - can my husband get his police clearance for SA while in the UK? 

Yes, we got our police clearances from Ireland in January.
We used Postnet Pretoria and it took about 3 weeks if I recall correctly.

Postnet can still help with Police clearances if you are out of the country, but I believe the rules have changed if you are in SA at the time of requesting clearances, in which case you must apply yourself.

Awesome - thank you - I have also been referred to another chap who also assists....will give hubby all the info so he can get it sorted out 🙂

And take a DEEP breath to try & get mine sorted....

copy of your wills listing each other as beneficiaries, the older the better

14 minutes ago, 21yearsoutofrsa said:

copy of your wills listing each other as beneficiaries, the older the better

Correct - forgot to mention above. I also uploaded medical aid with listed beneficiaries and life cover documents.
Other documents you can also upload are any joint accounts such as a joint mortgage agreement, joint utility account,  lease agreements, etc.