Feeling Disheartened

36 minutes ago, HappyIsland said:

Hi @Ren I see you updated your case to visa granted on ImmiTracker.

Fantastic news and well done! :ilikeit:
190 days on the dot.

I wish I was in your shoes now, but I'm sure our grant will come soon.

When are you planning on making the move?

:ilikeit: :D 🇦🇺

Yay!!!!!!!!! :ilikeit:

I couldn't believe my eyes when that email came through! The funny thing is that I had emailed my agent yesterday morning asking something and when I saw her name pop up in my inbox I thought she was just replying to my query. I didn't notice that the subject line of the email said "VISA GRANT". yay yay yay!!!

Our date of entry is 23 November and we need to sell our house first so lots of panic has just set in!!! eeeek!

I am sure yours will come through soon, when did you lodge? There seems to be a lot of movement all of a sudden

That's fantastic news!

We lodged 31 Dec 2018 - it's 170 days today, so hopefully we'll get the visa in the next 20 days or so.

We sold our house in SA already, and we're just renting in Ireland so we're pretty much ready to go apart from handing in my resignation.

We put our house on the market for a realistic price that would sell, and it sold within 2 weeks, so my advice to you would be to look at what the houses are actually selling for and put it on for that, unless you have time to wait. Also keeping the current market and conditions around property rights into consideration, we felt it's best to put our house on the market that will sell quick rather than lose money by letting the house sit on the market for a long time and then having to drop the price later on.

13 hours ago, Ren said:

Our date of entry is 23 November and we need to sell our house first

Congratulations @Ren! No better feeling than getting that grant.

Another option is to find somebody you trust and get a lawyer to setup a power of attorney for you.  We did that and my sister in law was able to sign all the sale documents on our behalf.

Just now, JCM said:

And so, after 234 days, our day has come... Direct grant on 234 days!!!!

Congratulations.

234 days is a long time for a direct grant with no CO contact though. 😐

36 minutes ago, HappyIsland said:

Congratulations.

234 days is a long time for a direct grant with no CO contact though. 😐

Yes agree!!

• Like 1

On 6/11/2019 at 9:21 AM, Mel-B said:

No our application wasnt lost. We were part of a small group that got the short end of the stick - stuck at the end of a retired PR visa class (175) that was placed at the lowest priority. I know its not the same situation but keep in mind when we applied the average waiting time was 9 months. We sold our home and moved into my mums garage to wait the last 6 months out.... just be informed that the visa system has been changed. No refunds, no guarantees. My point is you don't know what happens, things go as they go. You have to be patient. I know living in limbo sucks. Hope you get some good news soon!

That's hectic! 😮