190: how soon do you have to move to new state?

Hi all

I'm currently on a 457 in QLD. If I obtain a 190 for NSW, how soon after grant date do I have to move to NSW?

Thanks

Jelly

1 hour ago, Jelly said:

Hi all

I'm currently on a 457 in QLD. If I obtain a 190 for NSW, how soon after grant date do I have to move to NSW?

Thanks

Jelly

Hi Jelly,

Often a state wont nominate you for a 190 unless you live in the state (and have lived in the state for a period of time) before you apply. I'm not sure that this applies to NSW, I Know it applies to TAS, and Qld and SA.

8 minutes ago, Duggen said:

Hi Jelly,

Often a state wont nominate you for a 190 unless you live in the state (and have lived in the state for a period of time) before you apply. I'm not sure that this applies to NSW, I Know it applies to TAS, and Qld and SA.

Hi Duggen

Thanks for the response. I live in QLD and I have received an invitation to apply for nomination from NSW. They should know that I live in QLD as that info is in the EOI.

Hi Jelly,

NSW is the only state that is not concerned if you already live in another state of Australia (I think they presume that everyone wants to live in NSW :))

When you submit the NSW sponsorship application you electronically agree to move to NSW  'from visa grant if already living in Australia'.

I hope this helps.

Regards

3 minutes ago, SD_MOA said:

Hi Jelly,

NSW is the only state that is not concerned if you already live in another state of Australia (I think they presume that everyone wants to live in NSW :))

When you submit the NSW sponsorship application you electronically agree to move to NSW  'from visa grant if already living in Australia'.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Thanks Stephen, much appreciated.