Help! Returning Resident Visa

Hi Visa guru's,

I hope someone can help me out!

Are there any immigration lawyers that can help on this? Willing to pay of course.

I had PR in Australia and was in Australia until August 2016.

My wife fell into a deep depression, so much so that she had a breakdown and was taken to hospital by ambulance. (Hornsby hospital, Sydney)

After some consultation there with various psychiatrists, they recommended I take my wife home to South Africa for some family recuperation.

I have a official doctors recommendation from Horsnby hospital.

So I had to sell up and move furniture and buy flight tickets and set aside startup money for South Africa again

hence I did not have money to get RRV's for myself and my family.

My one son has since returned and is living and working Sydney.

Heres the important bit;

In order to buy I house here in South Africa I had to request my super and I believe I signed away ny VISA.

Now my wife is well and we are all wanting to come back to Australia.

Is there any way i can get my PR and RRV back? I read somewhere that if you can prove extenuating circumstances they might show some leniancy.

I have had various job offers in Sydney but no-one willing to sponsor - just throwing this in - would a job offer help my case?

Any advice appreciated?

Regards

Byron

1 hour ago, ChrisH said:

@TeeTMI have you dealt with a situation like this before?

Without examining the details of the actual case the following is just a generalisation rather than specific to the OPs circumstances.  I do work with some of the more complex RRV's for what would be considered 'Former Permanent Residents' who have at one time held permanent residence but for one reason or another no longer do.  There are a range of criteria to be addressed in such applications - again these to some extent depend upon the actual circumstances.  

In respect of the Super refund and how that impacts on your permanent residence this is not something I have needed to investigate previously. [I suspect that you may have cancelled your visa in order to obtain your super?]
Note that one of the criteria to apply for a RRVs as a former permanent resident would be that your visa had not been cancelled.  'is a former Australian permanent resident, other than a former Australian permanent resident whose most recent permanent visa was cancelled.'

Byron - if you would like to contact me at our business email (below) then I would be happy to discuss this with you.

Edited by TeeTMI

Hi Tee,

yes I had to cancel something in order to get it. I have been scouring my emails to see what I cancelled.

I have dropped you a mail.

Regards

Byron