Gavin

GDK

Hi im 57 now sold my business and would like to move to Australia. what are the chances that i can buy into a business or buy a small business outright. 

I don't think anyone would employ me at my age although im still fit and healthy and have a wide range of skills. 

Any info would be appreciated

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Gavin,

I am afraid that as you are over 55 years old it will be extremely difficult for you to secure a permanent visa for Australia.  You can have a look at the business visas here.  If you can secure employment with an Australian company willing to sponsor you you may be able to apply for a SC482 temporary work visa.  Once you have worked for them for more than 3 years on the SC482 visa and if you have earned more than the high income threshold (currently $145,000 p/a) then your employer may be able to sponsor you for PR.

I hope this helps!

Regards

@SD_MOAIs the following possible: Purchase a large majority shareholding in a company. The company (which is an independent person) then sponsors you. After 3 years the company sponsor you for PR.Just need to make sure all the contracts and clauses are in place to cover you.

Hello Otto, you are able to be sponsored by an Australian company without becoming a share holder as long as you have the skills and qualifications required to fill a role on the appropriate skills list.  It is no longer easy to 'self sponsor' so that is not a viable option.

I hope this helps.

Regards

• Like 1