Can anyone offer some advice please?? (136 MODL)

Hi everyone,

We have finally been allocated a case officer but have been requested to submit certain additional information /documents.

I would really appreciate some help with this as my head is hurting thinking of how I should try and sort things out. Here goes :-

1. Employment references for the 4 years before application:-

Submitted letter from employer in Scotland but all it stated was my hubbys name, period of employment and his job title. The dealership he worked at has been sold so what do we do now??? I have hubbys P60's and P45 but nothing to state what his duties were. Will a declaration be sufficient for DIMA's purposes and what should it say??

For the last 3 odd years hubby has worked in Saudi Arabia and we submitted a letter from his manager stating all the required details and also included a copy of his contract. Can I just refer my case officer back to what was submitted or do I need to send additional proof???

2. Oldest son's first name differs on his passport to what is shown in his birth certificate. His birth certificate is correct and we think that the name is different due to a typing error on the part of the passport issuing authority. It is only one letter in the name that is different. Can we just send an email to confirm this or is it better to do a declaration??

3. Main applicant needs to sit the IELTS test - first test date available where we are is in June. We don't want to wait this long as this will delay everything and we want to enter AUS during our next annual holidays in July.

If we were to apply for STNI for South Australia would the IELTS still be needed?? Although we are from South Africa we lived and worked in the UK for over 4 years - would this be enough??

Sorry about going on and on and on but need to try and figure the best way to get everything sorted as quickly as possible.

Thanks in advance for any help / info offered.

Cheers,

Paula <_<

HI there,

I can only assist on the letters of reference as I needed to supply the same.

The one company that I worked for is no longer in existence and all I had was a letter stating date of employment title and date left, no duties etc.

What I had to do was to write a declaration stating that I was employed there and my roles / duties, and the term of service, and the fact that they are no longer in existence, then I had it certified (the police did this) as an affidavit. This was sufficient for DIMIA

As far as possible, you need to get from the companies a letter which states, date employed, duties (bullet point) date terminated. If you can try and get this as far as possible, what I did was type it up myself and email it through to them, they printed it on their letter head and the HR manager signed them.

I hope this helps.

Good luck

HI there,

I can only assist on the letters of reference as I needed to supply the same.

The one company that I worked for is no longer in existence and all I had was a letter stating date of employment title and date left, no duties etc.

What I had to do was to write a declaration stating that I was employed there and my roles / duties, and the term of service, and the fact that they are no longer in existence, then I had it certified (the police did this) as an affidavit. This was sufficient for DIMIA

As far as possible, you need to get from the companies a letter which states, date employed, duties (bullet point) date terminated. If you can try and get this as far as possible, what I did was type it up myself and email it through to them, they printed it on their letter head and the HR manager signed them.

I hope this helps.

Good luck

Hi Nadine,

Thanks for the info. I have contacted the main holding company in the UK and asked if they can do the letter so I'll wait and see what they say. If they don't play game then we will do the declaration and hope that is enough for DIMA.

Cheers,

:ilikeit: Paula