190 Grant taking forever lately...

JCM

Hi All

I'm now waiting 160 days with officer appointed on day 135, but not requesting anything to date. Seems way longer than the 80-100 days ave a short while ago?

Any comments and other experiences recently?

Hi JCM,

We are also in the same boat, not as long but still longer than the normal processing time, we on day 135 today .  I hear even visitors visas are taking longer than usual. One really starts getting anxious but I know we just need to be patient.  Did you use an agent?  We did and he has reassured us.

Kind regards

Tracy  

Hi TracyK

Good to know we're not alone.

Yes did use an agent and were told its taking a while. Just wondered if the long time was a mind thing or actually true.

Keep us updated!

Kind Regards

You are definitely not alone. We lodged for our 190 NSW on 11 December... it has been 127 days with nothing but radio silence! We are working through an agent and they just keep telling us to hang in there. There are people who lodged after us who have received their visas, but there are also people who lodged before us who are still waiting....our agent says that it is totally inconsistent and random and that it could happen any day now or it could still be a couple of months.

Being stuck in limbo is honestly torture. We have had to start marketing our house because of what the property market is doing which is really scary considering we don't have a visa and we will need to start thinking about applying for grade 1 for our son next year if we don't get our visa to leave SA in the next couple of months. Really not ideal to have to pay deposits, buy school uniform etc if we are going to just leave after a short while.

I just don't understand why there has literally been no movement on the 190s lately...almost seems like its at a complete standstill :cry:

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/11/2019 at 2:12 PM, JCM said:

waiting 160 days

mine took about 165 days. just wait

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I just had a SC190 visa grant that was submitted on the 23rd November (6 months exactly).  I have a few others submitted around that time waiting for grant and am now not expecting much to happen till after 30 June.

Hang in there - the grant email will come!

Regards

• Like 1

Hi All,

I am not sure if Stephen is talking about ours, but yes, we got our 190 Visa this morning. A huge thanks to Stephen who we used as our agent, as it was a direct grant. We are so grateful and overwhelmed by this news. It really is worth the wait!

• Like 2

Thank you for the feedback @TracyK and @SD_MOA. I'm so happy for you! We are now on 202 days with no word other than a friendly email on day 104 (26 Feb) stating "assessment commence". Maybe the fact that we have 4 children makes the workload of our assessment heavier 😁...

10 minutes ago, JCM said:

....we have 4 children makes the workload of our assessment heavier 😁...

I like yo humor 😀 

• 2 weeks later...

Based on the MyImmitracker site, there's a steady stream of 190 visas being granted.

Most people with recent grants seem to wait about 180-200 days before visa grants.

Of course there's the edge cases where people either receive grants in a few weeks or take a very long time to receive a grant, but based on the myimmitracker data I think it's fair to assume that the majority are currently waiting at least 180-200 days before getting 190 grants. (see attachment)

190-grants.png

@HappyIsland, thanks for the input.

It is however interesting and I guess just frustrating that in Feb 2019, the ave waiting period was between 70-90 days on myimmitracker. Now 4 months later the ave is also 4 months longer (as per your 180-200 day comment). Thus making it a time-adjusting moving target... The "official waiting time" was 6-8 months on DoHA website, 6 months ago, and has been adjusted to 11-14 months now. Confirming my theory. It is encouraging though to see that the grants a flowing again.

I still think it's my family of 6 that has overwhelmed the case officer :)

9 minutes ago, JCM said:

It is however interesting and I guess just frustrating that in Feb 2019, the ave waiting period was between 70-90 days on myimmitracker. Now 4 months later the ave is also 4 months longer

This is fairly common across all visa categories as visa processing timelines do change continually.

Also keep in mind that the previously mentioned timelines were all for Direct Grants, ie. medicals, PCC, all documentation front loaded and decision ready at time of visa lodgement.

If yours is not a decision ready application, expect further delays. Typically, most case officers take 2 - 3 months to get back to you after each request for information.

Edited by HappyIsland

• 2 weeks later...

The following from ISCAH migration's news feed:

We had received many comments about the belief that DHA had slowed down 190 visa grants since around December 2018. And asking why that was.

We have confirmation now from DHA that they have continued to grant 190 visas since then at the following pace ..

190 visas granted -
Nov-18 2,392
Dec-18 2,342
Jan-19 1,836
Feb-19 1,818
Mar-18 1,499
Apr-19 473

So although they have slowed down, DHA have in fact continued to grant that category

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations. It takes so long , but what a relief when you see Finalized on immi account.