April skillselect invitation round (unofficial)

http://www.iscah.com/iscah-unofficial-skill-select-results-11th-april-2019/

According to the above link (estimated results for the April 2019 skillselect invitation round), less than 300 invites were issued in this round.

Non pro-rata occupation needed 85 points for an invite. This is getting ridiculous.

Does anyone know why this is?

Is this likely to continue?

• Like 1

Tell me about it... All my estimates pointed to us receiving an invite this round but with only 300 issued 😵 Apparently it is because we are at the end of the 2018/2019 cycle and already more invitations have been issued in this cycle compared to the total issued for the 2017/2018 cycle.

• Like 1

I'm sure it's where we are in the year, and also the fact that the Liberal government keeps threatening to lower the number of invites available even more - so who knows what happens in the new cycle from July. Historically though July shows an uptick in invites, if memory serves.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

April was scary... We had calculated for us to receive our invitation in the April round as well only for them to pick a 100! Wow. The uncertainty is killing me now. Afraid to go into the next round in case our profession is scrapped from the list or put on pro rata😨 

Given there is already a thread this month I will put my update in here.

Skill Select 189 visas - Results from the April 2019 Invitations
NB: As suspected the number of invitations issued in this round was VERY small (ONLY 110 invites within the 189 and 489 family sponsored visas), increasing the minimum points score required to obtain an invitation to apply for a visa in this round to 80 points.

For ALL occupations NOT in the table below see text for the number of points required is:

- 189 Invitations
100 invitations were issued for the 189 visa to EOIs with 80+ points (EOI date of effect prior to 15/03/2019).

- 489 (Family Sponsored)
10 invitations were issued for the 489 visa to EOIs with 80+ points (EOI date of effect prior to 12/10/2018)

The attached table shows the points require ONLY for occupations that are issued on a ProRata basis. All other occupations required the points detailed in the text above.
The points required to receive an invitation for a 189 visa in previous recent months can be seen at our web site
https://www.taylormadeimmigration.com/DaystoInvite

Points.jpg

Edited by TeeTMI