Little to no Movement Recently

Hi Everyone

I am new to this forum but it looks like there are a lot of active members and I am hoping someone can help to calm my nerves.

We have recently lodged for our 190NSW (although it does seem like a lifetime of waiting has already gone by since we lodged on 11 December 2018). We are both CAs and went in with 85 points. Everything up until the point of us lodging went super quickly. It was around 2 weeks between submitting our EOI and then getting the invite for sponsorship and then another 2 weeks after that and we got the invite to apply for the visa.

I follow a couple of FB groups and there were daily "pyjama dances" with people getting their visas, but in the last couple of months I hardly see any of these posts and there don't seem to be many invitations going out either. I know that the website says that the processing time can be up to 11 months, but most people that I have followed have gotten theirs a lot faster than that and I was hoping that ours would be the same. Our agent is also not very forthcoming with detailed feedback and just tells us to hang tight and that it could be anywhere from now until another 10 months.

Is this normal? Do they normally go through periods where hardly any visas are issued and then they become active again? If so, how long do these "dead" periods normally last? I know that this is a waiting game and I know I need to be patient, but I find myself checking the ImmiAccount daily and logging into my emails as soon as I open my eyes in the morning...borderline obsessive you could say :o

We are planning to make the move in October before our PCC expires in November and then it should give us enough time to find a school for our kids before the holidays, we need to sell our house in the meantime and we only wanted to start that process once we have the actual visa in hand...but with the way the economy is going, we have decided to start marketing it now to avoid a further decline. I am in 2 minds because what if for some reason it doesn't come through and then we have lost our dream home :wacko:

I just wish I had a crystal ball and I could see where on the pile our application is!! So frustrating and scary.

Ren

I lodged my 190 visa application on 30 December, so in the same boat. 

We also sold our house last year - before we even lodged the visa. The way SA is going, you wouldn't want to own property there IMO.

One indication I use is to check rough status of visa grants is to use the myimmitracker site. Currently, the 190 queue seems to be stuck in Nov 2018 for the last 5 weeks, so there definitely seems to be a bit of a slowdown. In comparison, the 189 visa queue seems to be moving along a bit faster.

There's so many factors involved with the processing time of visas that it's impossible to predict how long a piece of string is.

Keep in mind that 189 and 190 visas are subject to yearly quotas, meaning that if the quota for the current year is reached, you might have to wait until after July.

One possible reason (and this is just a guess) is that the large number of invitations that were sent out at the end of last year (189 alone in October and November each had 4340) has created a bit of a backlog. This is purely speculation, but the reasoning I believe is quite sound🙂 

6 hours ago, frosty said:

One possible reason (and this is just a guess) is that the large number of invitations that were sent out at the end of last year (189 alone in October and November each had 4340) has created a bit of a backlog. This is purely speculation, but the reasoning I believe is quite sound🙂 

Also a guess - but yes I agree October and November saw almost twice as many invites as previous months. Follow this with December/January when many staff will take their main holiday.

This may also be part of the reason the last couple of months say only 1490 invites each month (the backlog now is for the people waiting for an invite).
This is one of the reasons trying to predict when an invite will be made or a visa granted is not reliable.     
This year re quotas there is also the need for the department to allow for numbers within the NZ stream. 

14 hours ago, HappyIsland said:

Thanks for the responses 😊 when we started this process, I knew that it was going to be a long wait from everything I had read and been told- but actually living through this waiting game is a whole new kind of torture. It’s like our new life is just out of my grasp and I’m waiting for someone to nudge it a little closer so that I can grab it! I’m too scared to tell my kids or my boss about it because what if for some reason it doesn’t come through... but there’s also so much to plan so I can’t just do nothing while I wait either. Gosh... give us all strength. 😊😊😊

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/28/2019 at 12:23 AM, HappyIsland said:

There's so many factors involved with the processing time of visas that it's impossible to predict how long a piece of string is.

Keep in mind that 189 and 190 visas are subject to yearly quotas, meaning that if the quota for the current year is reached, you might have to wait until after July.

I may be wrong here ( @TeeTMI may know better) but I think the quota is about invites and not visa approvals? So they won't issue invites to more than 160,000 (I think that's the new number) but I don't think they wait to do approvals for valid invites. 

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:17 AM, Tntaglia said:

I may be wrong here ( @TeeTMI may know better) but I think the quota is about invites and not visa approvals? So they won't issue invites to more than 160,000 (I think that's the new number) but I don't think they wait to do approvals for valid invites. 

That's the way that I understand it too....which makes it even more frustrating! 128 days today and still nothing but radio silence!!

Hang in there. Whatever the reason it’s taking so long, just believe your visa will come eventually. Just try to occupy your brain with other things and stop counting the days. (Easier said than done). IMO it’s the nothingness that makes the wait harder to bear. But it will end when you least expect it. And then you’l probably wish you had done more decluttering and deciding on surbubs etc before the pressure was on.