SA Passport renewal

Rhyss

Greetings All, just wondering if anyone has recently renewed their SA passport in Perth? How long did it take and what's required. Where and contact details if possible?

Thanks,

https://www.sahc.org.au/passports.htm

Phone or email the Consulate in Canberra, they will send you the fingerprint form which is unique to you and cannot be downloaded. The rest of the forms can be downloaded from their site.

https://www.saconsulwa.com/

Once you have the form, email the Honorary Consul located in West Perth to set up a fingerprint appointment, they will let you know what completed forms to bring to the appointment. You will also need 4 passport photos, 1 of which has to be certified, and a self addressed envelope so that they can return the documents to you once certified.

Everything then needs to be posted to the High Commission, together with a money order for $44 and a return envelope so they can return your passport to you.

I renewed my passport from here last year and it took just over 6 months to get back, have just sent my son’s off so holding thumbs it won’t take too long, although they reckon the waiting time is 6-12 months! Good luck!

• Like 1

morning, make sure the local police take ink based fingerprints, not computerised ones as they will be rejected. it will take about 6-12 months. if possible, do it from SA - roughly 5 working days

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I got mine in November last year, took a little over 6 months. You will sadly have to wait. Agree on trying to do it in SA if possible - my Dad got his in under a week!!!

1 hour ago, tcmiller said:

under a week

agreed, it took 3 working days for me!