Moving costs interstate

acmac

We immigrated from South Africa to Australia almost 5 years ago and been living in Melbourne since. I have family living in Perth and after being a little alone here, decided we should move there instead. Does anyone know what removalists cost to move our belongings to Perth? We got one quote for $10,000 and felt that was a little excessive, as I've seen elsewhere people mentioning a cost of ~$5,000. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @acmac, I had to help a colleague with relocation from Perth to Melbourne about 10 months ago. I think they had 3 quotes, ranging between $8k and $12k. It is the only frame of reference that I have, and I agree, it is rather excessive! Hope you get it done cheaper!

• Thanks 1

We moved from regional WA to Melbourne in 2017 and got a self pack container (20HC shipping container for around $7000 +GST. Going to Perth should be a lot cheaper. They allow 12 days before and another 12 days after. They arrange door to door pick up and delivery. Had a very good experience with them. We used You Pack Removals

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 3/2/2019 at 7:26 AM, acmac said:

Thanks a mill Stephan, the budgetselfpackcontainers looks promising

It's always better to go on referral, so check if anyone used these guys.  A lot of dodgy movers out there - If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.  

• 2 months later...

Looking to move from rural Qld to Bunbury, WA. Also investigating removal companies - who did you end up going with @acmac?

• 3 weeks later...