Parent Visa SC 804 Application

Geronimo

How does the assurance of suppport for the above visa work?

The point is that it is kept for two years - Is it from the date that Centerlink requests the payment or when? In other words,

when do you get it back?

In the attached photo, if the family member is married, and not employed or even is employed, how is this part completed?

Lastly, will an agent on the forum be able to check my SC804 application for correctness before I submit it and what would 

the cost be?

Thank you in advance

Geronimo

member of family details.jpg

@Geronimo I don't have any answers to your questions but just wanted to find out whether you are aware that the 804 Aged Parent visa has a processing time of 30 YEARS!! It begs the question whether anybody is ever granted one since you have to be pension age to apply. Nevertheless, I wanted to be sure that you know which queue you'll be in because it is not the same as the nearly 5 years for the Contributory Parent Visa and I would hate to see you lose time and money inadvertently applying for the wrong visa. If you already know all this and/or have a different visa or plan in place already then all good... 

Hello Geronimo,

The Assurance of Support is only requested prior to grant.  As SC804 visas are taking about 30 years to be processed and you need to be over 65.5 years of age at the time you apply it is highly likely it will never be required.

Regards

23 hours ago, RYLC said:

I would hate to see you lose time and money inadvertently applying for the wrong visa

2 hours ago, Geronimo said:

I am aware of the processing times for the 804 visa. Under which circumstances would I be losing time and money when applying for this visa?

Time and money would be lost if you apply for 804, pay the initial fee, spend more than 5 years in the queue only to discover that you could have been in Australia already using the new temporary parent visa or even the contributory visa if possible. I did say that perhaps you already know this and have another plan in place. Just thought in case you didn't that it would be helpful for somebody to mention it. There has been a situation on the forum where somebody lost their whole application fee (as well as all the wait time) because they weren't aware of changes to visa conditions so usually good to share information.

Edited by RYLC