What, how and where do we start?

Mcoetzee

My husband and I are wanting to move to Australia. The issue we have now, is the whole process. Which visa to apply for? How do we get the visa process going? Where do we go for the visa process? What is th cost of the visa and the process? Agent versus doing it yourself?

My husband is a teacher so I know he will be fine in getting a job and perhaps even a sponsored visa. Is my understanding correct? Where can he apply for jobs to see if he can get in in that manner?

When does he need to write the english test and where do we book for that?

I’m in the financial sector in procurement. What options do I have?

Thank you so very much! 

Start with the 100-step process

Then search on the forum, using the search tab, in quotes "where to start" - you will find many posts to assist you

Do not use the search in the top right hand corner (as it goes to Google)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Step 1 - See if you qualify for a skilled migration here: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/working-in-australia/skill-occupation-list

Step 2 - See if you meet all the requirements for the subclass of visa you qualify for (English, Age, Health, Security, On-Shore/Off Shore etc.)

Step 3 - See if your skill meet the requirements of the skill assessment for its specifically authority (Vetasess, ACS etc.)

If you're good to go, then do it yourself. If you have any issues (not meeting health requirements for instance), get an agent.

For everything else, you are surrounded with fellow forumites and registered migration agents @SD_MOA and @TeeTMI  who are here to help.  

Good luck!