Newborn Child : Form 1022 - Notification of change in Circumstances

ADJacobs

Good day everyone,

I wonder if someone can please give me some advice.

We applied for a 189 Visa on the 8th of November 2018.

At that stage, my wife was pregnant with our 3rd child so we could not include the baby in our Visa application.

My wife gave birth on the 11th of February 2019 and we need to add Reuben (new baby) to our application.

As far as I know, we need to complete and upload the following documents:

* Form 1022 - Notification of change in circumstances

* Unabridged birth certificate

* Passport - do not have it yet

* Complete medicals for both my wife and new baby

I just want to double check with the experts ( @SD_MOA @TeeTMI ) or anyone else in a similar situation if there is anything else I need to do?

Do I need to inform Home affairs?

I am also concerned whether our Visa will be available before the 1 year anniversary of our PCC and Medicals.

We received a deferral letter from eMedical because my wife could not complete her x-rays as she was pregnant at that stage and this might possibly push our Visa application processing time back quit a bit.

Any advice will be immensely appreciated.

Adriaan

Hello Adriaan,

Congratulations on the birth of your child!

You can use the 'update details' link in your immi account and follow the links to 'change in circumstances' and then upload Reuben's documents to the primary applicants section.  You will need bc and ppt.  You then need to wait for DHA to request the medicals so this will add time to the processing.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for the reply.

Do you know what happen if the processing time takes longer than 12 months after I have done my PCC’s or Medicals? As far as I know, we need to activate our visas within 12 months after the medicals or PCC’s. 

Hello AD,

If your medicals or PCC have expired by the time DHA are ready to grant your visas they will ask you for new certificates before granting. If yours are close to expiring then it may be worth while arranging new ones to allow you a longer lead time for your initial entry.

Regards

• Like 1

The medicals are actually the only thing I am concerned about as it is quite an expensive exercise to do again, I suppose it's worth it to minimize your risk.

Ok so I just request HAP ID's again like the first time and go for the medical examinations again