Have no idea where to start

Xanna

Hi all,

My husband and I are investigating the move to Australia. We have contacted Migrate to Oz and had to take a bit of a second look at our situation.

I had thought that we would be able to get a skilled worker visa based on my husband being a qualified aircraft maintenance engineering for the past 10 years. However, this is not the case. So moving on we would like to find a sponsoring employer. Anyone got any ideas of where to even start?

I am unsure of the cost of anything going that route, so really any advice would be great!

I appreciate your guidance and experiences.

Roxanne 

Hi,

Is your husband Airframe & Engine or Avionics? What licence does he hold and what type of aircraft's?

• Like 1

@DiveupThanks for the response, he is air frame and Engine. His licenses are:

·         BOEING 737-200 Series                                                            

·         MD-81/82/83/87 series/DC-9-81/82/83/87 Series          

·         EMBRAER 135                                                                          

·         BAe 146-RJ85A                                                                        

·         EMBRAER 145                                                                          

·         EMBRAER ERJ 190-100 Series     

·         EMBRAER ERJ 170-100 Series                                         

·         P&W JT8D Series

·         Textron Lycoming ALF 507

·         R R AE 3007A Series

·         GE CF34-10E Series

·         GE CF34-8E (Engine)

But he does not have the N4 level qualification. 

I appreciate your advice :)

22 hours ago, Xanna said:

@DiveupThanks for the response, he is air frame and Engine. His licenses are:

·         BOEING 737-200 Series                                                            

·         MD-81/82/83/87 series/DC-9-81/82/83/87 Series          

·         EMBRAER 135                                                                          

·         BAe 146-RJ85A                                                                        

·         EMBRAER 145                                                                          

·         EMBRAER ERJ 190-100 Series     

·         EMBRAER ERJ 170-100 Series                                         

·         P&W JT8D Series

·         Textron Lycoming ALF 507

·         R R AE 3007A Series

·         GE CF34-10E Series

·         GE CF34-8E (Engine)

But he does not have the N4 level qualification. 

I appreciate your advice :)

Does your husband have a EASA licence or South African licence.

B1 LAME with A320 ratings (Permanent, Full time) - Brisbane

Aircraft Maintenance Services Australia3.4 out of 53.4 overall rating (5 employee reviews)More jobs from this company

Aircraft Maintenance Services Australia Pty Ltd

AMSA is a leading and professional line maintenance service provider operating in multiple Australian cities.  Our vision is for continued growth and a reputation for excellence and reliability with excellent customer service. We are committed to maximising and strengthening our markets and currently the company is exploring opportunities for growth. We care about our employees and clients and work towards long term relationships for mutual success.

We are currently accepting applications for a full time B1 LAME to work in our Brisbane/Coolangatta station, with some travel to other locations as required. 

VISA SPONSORSHIP MAY BE CONSIDERED FOR THE RIGHT PERSON

Selection Criteria:

CASA/EASA B1 Licence holder with A320 type rating (CFM56 engine preferred) plus at least two of the following types;

• A330 (PW4000 preferred)
  • A350 
  • B737 NG
  • B767 (PW4000 & GECF6)
  • Must have a minimum 5 years LAME long haul line maintenance certification experience
  • Recognized Airline/Aviation apprenticeship, Certificate IV in Aeroskills or equivalent;
  • Intermediate level of computer skills;
  • Be in possession of a valid state driver's licence;
  • ASIC eligibility;
  • ADA eligibility
  • High attention to detail;
  • High standard of written and spoken English language.

Applicants must be disciplined to work alone or in a team and be able to travel both domestically and overseas if required. We regard safety as an essential part of all our operations and applicants must be familiar with maintenance regulations.

AMSA is an equal opportunity employer and if you are a motivated self-starter with the skills and experience we are seeking and wish to have the opportunity to work in a multicultural, dynamic and successful environment then we would be interested to hear from you.

To submit your expression of interest with AMSA, please click the "Apply" link below and include your Cover Letter and Resume.

Please attach a copy of your CASA/EASA licence with your resume.

Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.

On 2/8/2019 at 10:59 AM, Diveup said:

Does your husband have a EASA licence or South African licence.

Thanks @stefans

He only has the South African license. I think we will apply anyway and see how we fair.

Thank you so much for your efforts, it is greatly appreciated!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...