Recommendation needed for companies helping with Financial Emigration

IzzyA

Hi all,

With the new tax laws potentially coming into affect next year (March 2020), I am looking to financially emigrate as well.  

Can you recommend companies that you have dealt with that you were happy with?  

Estimated cost involved?  

I used Tanya from Sable International, 

Each case would be unique so they would have to quote based on what your move would include.

• Like 1

Hi Izzy,  This is the next hot topic, I think!  I've seen another thread where a number of different consultants were discussed.  See this post.  I'd be interested to hear from others with recent experience, who is recommended. 

Edited by TimeToGo
edited link
  • Like 1

I recently found out that the South African banks actually assist their clients with the financial emigration process, at a fraction of the cost that consultants would charge you.  Maybe check on your bank's website for more information regarding this.  

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi Jobizzle, 

Who quoted you that? 

I’m also looking at doing it myself, but it involves both your bank and SARS, since you have to get an Emigration tax clearance certificate. 

It was Exchange for free, they have been great with sending money. but that quote gave me a shock!

22 hours ago, Jobizzle said:

It was Exchange for free, they have been great with sending money. but that quote gave me a shock!

Just got a quote from Incompass for R10000. Standard Bank have quoted R1589 to submit the SARB application plus R476 per hour thereafter.  No idea what the “thereafter” means!  This is the do-it-yourself option.