Immigration agency recommendation

ConradH

Hi Everyone,

We are a young family from Cape Town.We have a 4 year old daughter, 20 month old son and a 7 month old daughter.

We are about to start our immigration process and we would like to use a agent to give us guidance.

My wife is a foundation phase teacher ( 29 years old ) and I own a coffee roastery( 31 years old ). We are going to try for the 189 skilled Visa, but any help or guidance would be much appreciated.

Thank you very much

Conard

If you choose to use an agent, just be clear on what you are paying for. 

For example, an agent may not be able to sit the queues at Home Affairs for you. But they should be able to tell you if home affairs gave you the correct documents before you submit them to Australia and wait weeks for an answer. 

But the government here is of the opinion that they supply everything you need on their website and whether to use an agent or not is your choice. I.e. an agent certainly isn't mandatory.

On 1/20/2019 at 5:08 AM, monsta said:

But the government here is of the opinion that they supply everything you need on their website and whether to use an agent or not is your choice. I.e. an agent certainly isn't mandatory.

I follow a group on facebook where a similar question was asked. One of the agents commented that its beneficial using an agent as the poor public does not know all the requirements. The particular agent mentioned PAM 3 (Procedure Advice Manual 3) being used by the DIBP in assessing and granting visas. 

I researched PAM 3 a bit and it seems the mortal public cannot access this without subscribing.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this and whether one should use an agent knowing the existence of PAM 3?

We are currently in the process (well, waiting for ITA on skillselect), but reading of all this is quite scary as it can be easily f*kedup.

The PAMs are the Policy and Operational documentation that sits behind the Legislation - these documents provide guidance to the case officers on how they should assess the different circumstances, breaks down the different aspects of any potential assessment issues etc.

Having access to this information can be very useful, especially in some circumstances.
All Registered Migration Agents are required to hold a subscription to documents such as the PAMs as well as the Legislation and its updates.

• Like 1