Prospective marriage visa (PMV) SC300

rhviljoen

Good day all

After many months of leeching on the wealth of knowledge contained on this forum, I finally mustered up the courage to start my first topic.  But before I do, a general word of thanks to all who share freely to make it the indispensable resource which it is.

Some background about my journey thus far: In 2006 my parents were granted PR by way of a SC189 application (then SC136).  As a dependent at the time, I received the same and we've been living off RRVs (SC155) to this day due to substantial business ties to the benefit of Australia.  So no troubles there.  Now, at long last I've decided to jump ship and take up a secondment opportunity.  After nearly 12 years, I'm absolutely stoked.  I've been over plenty, but the 'big move' still feels surreal.

Now comes the girlfriend situation.  We've been together for nearly six years and will in all likelihood get engaged within the next 12 months.  De facto partner visas do not apply to us.  Also, since pharmacists do not currently appear on the MTLSSL, neither the TSS nor SC189 options are available to us.  A state/regional sponsored visa is an option, but would not be ideal since my job is essentially fixed in place (Perth) and we wouldn't want to be separated.  

The PMV remains as the only viable option as far as we see it.  I should point out that, fortunately, the exorbitant cost of the visa (approx. $7000) will be covered by my employer.  Granted the processing times are well over a year these days, she currently holds a visitors visa (SC600) without the "No further stay" condition.  The plan is to apply for a bridging visa type A (BVA) immediately following the substantive visa application (PMV300) which could allow her join me pronto and to work in the meantime.  So, my questions then are:

1. Has anyone tried this approach with success?
  2. Any pitfall or snags which we need to be aware of?
  3. Are there any other visa options I should be considering?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

Edited by rhviljoen
Typos

Hello There,

I am afraid this approach will not work.  The SC300 must be applied for and granted offshore so a Bridging visa will not be granted.  If you have been living together for more than 12 months then there is no requirement that you are married in order to submit an onshore SC820 spouse visa.  If you (the sponsor) are not living in Australia then you may have issues proving that you are 'Settled' in Australia.

I recommend you drop me an email and we can discuss what your options are.

Regards