Secondary Applicant English Test not done yet

BreakerMorant

Question

Hi guys,

We have received our invitation to apply for a 189 visa. My wife has to prove functional English and her IELTS is already scheduled for 9 Feb, which is just after our cut off date for the visa application.

Do we need her results at the time of submitting the application or can we add them later?

If we do need those results before submitting the application, we will have to book a PTE test for her ASAP.

PS: Am I right in saying she just needs functional english for the visa (ie 30's for the PTE)?

Thank you

3 answers to this question

You are correct with regards to the 30 in each section of the PTE exam. I believe your wife can do the test once you have lodged visa, but unfortunately I am not 100% sure on this. I would get a second opinion on that!

By the way, to score that in PTE is pretty easy. Only reason you probably would score lower is if there is a problem with microphone. Chances are you could get a booking to sit PTE in the next week or two, quite often you will also get the results the following morning.

16 hours ago, BreakerMorant said:

Hi guys,

We have received our invitation to apply for a 189 visa. My wife has to prove functional English and her IELTS is already scheduled for 9 Feb, which is just after our cut off date for the visa application.

Do we need her results at the time of submitting the application or can we add them later?

If we do need those results before submitting the application, we will have to book a PTE test for her ASAP.

PS: Am I right in saying she just needs functional english for the visa (ie 30's for the PTE)?

Thank you

You can submit the application with out having all the documents at the time. Just add them to your application as soon as you receive them,.

Hi @BreakerMorant are you or your wife the main applicant?

For our 189 visa i was the main applicant and my wife just had to supply a letter from the institution that she studied in English. That was sufficient.

But i am not sure if thing have changed since then or if you are doing the test to claim the points.