Proving work experience with payslips and bank statements.

SANZGirl

Hi All,

I am needing to lodge my 489 skilled state nominated visa before the end of this month.

However I am not able to provide bank statements for a year of this time when I was in South Africa and working as a clinic nurse at a pharmacy. The owner paid us all in cash in envelopes.

I am really stressing as I put this down as part of my 5 years work experience in the last 10 towards my points.

I did also work as an agency nurse in nights so do have a few payslips from that time, but this is a seemingly awful situation.

Can somebody please advise?

Thank you 😊😣

Claire

SANGZGirl.

I doubt they will check if you were paid. If they do they will put the question to you. Just go for it with what you have.

• Thanks 1

It may work differently with your profession, but when I got my skills assessment done it included the amount of skilled work I had. For the actual application this would be the proof required (i.e. the skills assessment supports the application).

Have you completed your skills assessment as yet?

• Like 1

You can sign an affidavit at the police station stating that you were employed, who your employer was, what you were paid and what your duties were. 

Did you pay tax on the income? If so you can give your tax returns as proof. If you didn't you may have a problem if they're asking for more than the affidavit.

• Like 2

I do have a skills assessment from ANMAC yes. 

Yes I can do an affidavid.

I have the reference letter from the company. Eish tho

• 2 months later...

Thanks for your kind help everyone.

I lodged the 489 skilled migrant visa for SA on the 30 November. Everything is in. 

As I had no salary advice for that period, I went back further and managed to find old payslips for agency nursing that I had done in 2011,12/13. A few months worth, and included the old bank statements for these. It's higgeldy piggeldy...a month here, a month there but  I am really hoping they can use this, as my agent submitted it for me, with the reference letter from a nurse manager that I had worked with for these periods. I wonder what my chances are. Even my agent tells me that its all very 'piece-meal' :):🙄

• Like 1